Why do you want to drink?
Causes of constant thirst may bethe most diverse. The amount of fluid in our body can decrease due to vomiting, increased sweating, diarrhea. In addition, the body needs replenishment of fluid at elevated temperature, with prolonged exposure to the sun and during a diet. Promote the removal of fluid from the body of steroid and diuretic drugs.
When the fluid in the body lacks the bodygets it from the saliva, which is why the mucous membrane of the mouth is dry. Lack of fluid or dehydration can cause weakness, headache, fatigue, decreased efficiency and general tone.
Causes of constant thirst
Why do you always feel thirsty? Permanent thirst can be a signal of serious diseases, below we will describe each of them.
- Diabetes. With diabetes, a person consumes a lot of fluids, but still feels thirsty. If the constant thirst arises after taking sugar reducing drugs, insulin, then most likely the disease worsens. It is necessary to go to a consultation with a doctor and make a blood test for sugar, and take medications that lower blood glucose levels.
- Brain Injury. After traumatizing the head or performing neurosurgery operations, there is also a strong desire to drink. Thirst is very acute, a person can drink 10-15 liters per day. It begins to develop diabetes, leading to a lack of hormones that limit urination.
- Kidney diseases. Unhealthy kidneys are also the reason why you want to drink a lot. Kidney diseases cause an increased need for fluids, because they can not effectively hold it. Such diseases are still characterized by edema, and can turn into a serious complication of kidney failure, which is life-threatening. It is urgent to consult a nephrologist.
- Excess of hormones. With an excess of hormones, the function of parathyroid glands increases, which is why you really want to drink. In addition to thirst, fatigue, a sharp decrease in weight, pain in the bones, rapid weakness appear. The urine, in this case, acquires a whitish hue, since calcium is washed out of the bones. With such symptoms, you urgently need to visit an endocrinologist.
- A constant thirst can also cause some drugs, antibiotics and diuretics.
How can you cope with constant thirst?
- Try to replenish the fluid to sensationstrong thirst. To not feel a constant thirst, drink every hour half a glass of clean water. If you are in a warm and dry room - increase the amount of fluid consumed. It is recommended to drink at least 1.5-2 liters of liquid per day.
- Watch your urination. To prevent dehydration, it is necessary to drink so much liquid that the urine is not too dark or too light in color. The urine of a moderately yellow color indicates that there is a sufficient amount of liquid in the body.
- Why do you want to drink at night? During exercise and sports training, drink clean water. With hard work, the human body loses up to 2 liters of fluid, and only then feels thirsty. To prevent dehydration it is worth to drink half a glass of water every 15-20 minutes during work or training.
- If you already consume large amounts of fluid,and the thirst still remains, you should conduct a study on the sugar content in the blood. Perhaps the cause of thirst is diabetes, which is why you often want to drink. It is necessary to conduct a full examination, adhere to treatment and diet.
When you know why you want to drink, you will not be soindifferent, and inattentively refers to this. After all, the body is able to give us alarming signals even before the discovery of any disease. Do not neglect them. Be healthy!