Why do stretch marks appear?
One of the significant problems of modern women -stretch marks. They are also called stria. They are white, and sometimes crimson stripes, "decorating" the hips, abdomen, arms, chest. We suggest to understand why stretch marks appear.
Stretch marks are caused by excessive stretchingskin and mechanical damage. The body "sews" tears with a special connective tissue, forming microscopic scars or stretch marks. On young skin stria have a purple or pink color, with age the skin ages, and the capillaries die. For this reason, the stretch marks acquire a pale pink or white color. It's sad, but even sunburn can not hide these shortcomings, because there is no pigment in the connective tissue.
Causes of appearance
- Sexual maturation. The skin does not keep up with the growth rate of the body and breaks. In the places of ruptures, scar tissue is formed - stretching.
- Obesity. One of the most common causes - a rapid change in body volume.
- Fast weight loss. With sudden changes in body weight, the skin does not have time to contract, her blood supply is impaired. The elasticity of the dermis decreases, and the skin folds into wrinkles. In places of folds, it "breaks", forming a scar - stretching. To lose weight without harm to health and skin, a month is allowed to drop no more than 1.5 kg.
- Pregnancy. Do not panic when there are stretch marks during pregnancy. This process is quite natural and irreversible. The length of the stretch marks depends on the skin itself, more precisely on the amount of elastane in it. If it is not enough, the skin breaks. The first stretch marks start to appear from 11 weeks. But if the condition of the dermis is good, you regularly use moisturizing oils and creams, this can happen later. Over time, stretch marks will lighten and decrease, but traces of them will remain.
- Genetic factor. The appearance of stretch marks is inherited. If your mom or next of kin had stretch marks, be prepared that this fate will befall you.
- Treatment with hormonal drugs and diseases of the endocrine system. In this case stretch marks can appear even on the face.
The highest risk of stretch marks is observed at the age of 15-25 years. Accustom to watch yourself daily. Feel like a queen, love and be loved!