What is a gerundive turnover?
If the notion of what such a subject and predicate is, remains in our memory from the school bench, then already over the question of what a participial turn is, many are racking their brains.
The participial turnover is the gerund andwords dependent on it. The gerund is an independent part of speech, it has signs of the verb and adverb. Answers questions: what are you doing? What did you do? A participial turn denotes an additional action that is performed by the same person who performs the main action. On a letter, such a trade is always marked with commas. If the deceptive turnover is at the beginning of the sentence, then a comma is placed after it; if in the middle, then it is allocated with commas on both sides; if it is at the end of the sentence, then the comma is placed before it.
When using a verbal participle in your speech, do not forget about such things:
- the additional action expressed by the gynecological turn, and the main action in the sentence must relate to the same subject / person / phenomenon;
- a gynecological turn can be part of a one-part, definitely-personal proposal;
- It can also be used in an impersonal sentence with an infinitive.
In certain cases, the use of participial turns is impossible:
- the action expressed by the turnover can not refer to a person who does not belong to the main predicate in the sentence (After graduating from university, I was sent to work in another area - an error);
- If in an impersonal sentence there is a predicate witha pronoun or a noun, but there is no infinitive to which the verbal participle could be treated, it can not be used (Returning home, I wanted to rest - an error);
- if the subject of the actions of the predicate and the subject of the verbal participles do not coincide, the turn can not be used (The task was executed correctly, having learned the theoretical material).
The participial revolution: examples
- On the paintings of some artists can watch for hours without taking their eyes off.
- I can find a lot of lost things, cleaning in my room.
- The poet read his works, gradually lighting the hearts of his listeners.
- He walked along the picturesque bank of the river, enjoying its unusual beauty.
- I need to write a term paper, collecting the necessary material as soon as possible.