What is a cartridge?
At the mention of the word "cartridge" most people have associations with ammunition.
But is this term only associated with arms? Let's see what a cartridge is.
Values of the word cartridge
- A cartridge is a munition for a firearm,which consists of a bullet, a charge and a special means that ignites the charge. How to use it, you can read in the article How to charge cartridges. Example: "I ran out of ammunition, I need to recharge."
- A special shell of cylindrical shape, designed to pack something, so that the inside of the thing is not damaged. Example: "All cartridges with goods in stock".
- On machines and also drills the cartridge is a tool for gripping objects that are machined by the machine tool. It will be useful to know, for example, how to remove a cartridge from a drill.
- In the production of clothes, the cartridge is called stencils, according to which sketches of the future product will be made, and later a form for sewing out the material will be cut out.
- Also, a cartridge is a nozzle into which an electric bulb is screwed to connect to electrical networks.
- In ancient Rome, patrons called defenders in court, patrons of a certain mass of people, this was an honorary title for any citizen.
- Also a patron is sometimes called the immediate boss of someone. Take under the patronage - then take the leadership over someone.
We hope our article has helped you to learn more about the meaning of this word and the areas of its use.