Vibration isolation equipment. Vibration insulation materials
Vibration insulation of equipment is the ability of special vibration insulation materials, mechanisms and devices to isolate equipment from vibration propagating through it. In this case, quantitatively vibration isolation is measured by the attenuation of vibrations. By its very nature, vibration isolation consists in eliminating the rigid connection of the oscillation source (equipment) with its base.
Where is vibration isolation needed?
Elimination of vibrations and prevention of their spreading to people, buildings and premises should be carried out when installing equipment that has a large mass and / or creates increased loads: machines, engineering communications, industrial refrigerators, and so on.
What are vibration isolators?
Devices and materials that can perform the function of vibration isolation (vibration isolators) are divided into three types:
- Spring. Metal springs absorb small vibration, the frequency of which does not exceed 16 Hz.
- Elastic.Designed to pay off high-frequency vibrations for powerful machines, industrial refrigerators, engineering communications. For example, elastic vibration isolators are used for machine tools with a speed of 2000 per minute and higher; for engineering systems (for example, for insulation of pipelines installed in the wall). This class of vibration insulators is a perforated shock-absorbing gaskets made of rubber, plastic, rubber, foam plastic and other materials.
- Combined. Spring-rubber combined insulators of vibrations are used most often, as they protect from several harmful factors of production at once.
Insulating materials such as steel (as part of springs), vibroflex (suspensions and supports), vibronet (mastic), and sylomer are commonly used throughout the world, prices can be viewed on the website.
For vibration isolation of machine tools, refrigerators, engineering systems, a silometer is used - polyurethane foam, because to buy a silometer is to get equipment protection for a period of thirty years. Sylomer, the price of which varies depending on the technical performance of the material, has the following advantages:
- The silomer does not react with such elements of the external environment as water, oils, and most chemicals.
- By purchasing a silomer, you will receive vibration protection for two million loading cycles.