Useful properties of ginger: treatment and contraindications. Ginger Health Recipes
Ginger is a herbaceous plant that grows in Japan, West Africa, India, China and Vietnam. Ginger is famous for its taste, aroma and healing properties.
The main thing in the article
Useful properties of ginger and contraindications
The beneficial properties of ginger in medical practice have long been known. This amazing plant has properties that neutralize the action of some poisons. The composition of ginger contains lipids, starch, vitamins A, B1, B2, C, essential oils and amino acids. The main healing properties of ginger are as follows:
- Acceleration of metabolism, improvement of digestion.
- Strengthening the immune system.
- Relieves pain in arthritis and during menstruation.
- Reduces discomfort with stomach pain.
- Helps eliminate harmful substances in case of poisoning and increases perspiration.
- Cancer prevention.
- Helps to cope with nausea during pregnancy, water pumping, etc.
Like any other product, ginger has contraindications.
- The product has a warming effect, so its reception at high temperatures or bleeding is prohibited.
- Ginger is useful in the first half of pregnancy, and in the second trimester it will have to be abandoned.
- It is not recommended to use ginger with high blood pressure, gastritis and peptic ulcer.
Ginger root is useful for women's health, beauty and shape. Low calorie, only 15 kcal per 100 g, allows you to use ginger for weight loss.
What does ginger treat? Ginger Cure Recipes
In places where ginger grows, it is used to treat a wide range of diseases, like pharmacy chamomile. In our climatic zone, ginger is popular in the composition of home remedies for colds, in infusions for improving immunity and in dermatological agents.
Doctors say that 60 grams of ginger in any form is a daily preventive norm for an adult.
There are no exact criteria for cooking ginger
- you can cook from it
- add to dishes as savory seasoning
- Ginger goes well with medicinal herbs such as mint, sage, St. John's wort, chamomile.
- And when you add lemon and honey to the ginger drinks, you get a real vitamin cocktail.
Let's look at a few recipes with ginger.
Ginger for the treatment of sore throat
Wash fresh ginger root, grate it. Take 1 tsp. grated ginger, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and eat 1-2 times a day before meals. Means for 2-3 days helps to cope with a sore throat, and with regular use improves immunity. If you add 2 drops of lemon juice, then improve digestion.
GI pain relief
- Take 1 tbsp. l such ingredients:
- Flowers of black elderberry.
- Ginger grated.
- The millennial.
Pour everything into a saucepan, pour 700 ml of water and simmer for 20-30 minutes over low heat. You can also brew as tea and let it brew for 2-3 hours. Drink on an empty stomach 150-200 ml, helps with abdominal pain and diarrhea.
For external use
Grated ginger apply a compress to the site of pain for 10-30 minutes. The tool effectively cope with pain in muscles, joints, and if a tooth ache, then a piece of ginger is applied to the gums.
Using Ginger for Immunity: Recipes
To enhance the immunity of ginger, you can use the juice of any citrus (orange, lemon, mandarin). For example, you can drink this “vitamin cocktail” daily in the morning:
- A teaspoon of ginger.
- 200 ml of juice.
- Sugar to taste.
Pour 100 ml of ginger into water, infuse it for 10–15 minutes, strain, dissolve sugar in it and mix with juice. It is recommended to add cinnamon for taste.
But there is nothing more effective for immunity than 1 tsp. fresh ginger juice daily. You can not procure it for future use, because after standing in the refrigerator for 2 hours, it loses its properties.
Health recipe: ginger with lemon and honey
For the treatment of ginger is taken in pair with lemon and honey. Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C, honey disinfects and removes toxins, and ginger becomes a source of amino acids. To prepare a miraculous immunity enhancer, you will need:
- 4 large lemons.
- 400 g of ginger.
- 200 g of liquid honey, for this purpose, fake or may fit.
Lemons with skin, it contains a lot of vitamins and oils, cut into slices, and ginger pieces.Now skip these 2 ingredients through a meat grinder, put in a jar and pour over the honey. Put the jar in the fridge for 7 days so that the products “exchange” useful components. Take 1 teaspoon 2 on an empty stomach in the morning, you can drink water or milk.
Honey and lemon are capricious ingredients that lose all useful properties in boiling water. Add them only to a warm or cold ginger drink.
Ginger, honey and lemon for children
If your child does not like healthy food, then he will not refuse a tasty ginger drink. For preparation you need a small ginger root, 1 lemon and a glass of honey, which can be replaced with 200 g of sugar, if your child is allergic. Boil 2 liters of water, throw in grated ginger, cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, wait for cooling and add lemon and honey. Drink give the child 2 times a day, 200 ml before meals.
The use of ginger for weight loss: recipes
"Ginger thins blood!"- This is what Eastern doctors say. This means that when using ginger root, all processes, including exchange, work in an accelerated mode. In addition, it helps to remove excess water and harmful accumulations from the body, resulting in weight loss without diets.
Ginger is one of 10 foods that break down fat, and after the end of the application, the lost kilograms are not returned. For weight loss is not enough to put ginger in different dishes, it is worth drinking drinks based on it. But there are several rules for taking ginger:
- After the end of weight loss, drink another 4–5 days, gradually reducing the amount so that the body gets used to working independently.
- Ginger has a tonic effect, so drinks based on it are recommended to drink before lunch. Otherwise you will not fall asleep at night.
- For effective reception of ginger, 4 cm of root per 2 liters of water is enough.
The recipe to maintain a stable weight.
To make a drink, brew your favorite black or green tea, after cooling down, add a small piece of ginger to it and wait 10 minutes. After this time, remove the ginger and drink tea. Regular intake will help keep weight at one point.
Slow slimming recipe
Ginger tea with garlic is a strange combination, but in fact the drink tastes quite good. To prepare it, take 2 cloves of garlic, 4 cm of ginger root and 2 liters of water. Ginger and garlic peel, make cuts on them, lay in a thermos and pour boiling water.Infused tea for 1 hour, then it must be drained and taken during the day.
Ginger with lemon for weight loss
Ginger with lemon are quite effective for losing weight, but the drink based on them has a very rich taste. Therefore, it is recommended to start taking with small doses, adding cloves and other fragrant seasonings. You can prepare a drink for 2–3 days ahead: it does not deteriorate and does not lose its properties.
It is recommended not to increase the number of ingredients, because losing weight from this will not happen faster, and the stomach may get sick.
Ginger Lemon Recipe
- To make a drink, you need a whole lemon, which is cut in half.
- Squeeze the juice from one part and cut the other into slices.
- 4 cm of the root, too, cut and put in a jar, then pour it with lemon juice, add lemon slices and 1 liter of boiling water.
- Infuse for 15 minutes and then strain.
- In this drink you can add 2-3 mashed leaves of mint and a pinch of red pepper.
Green tea, lemon and ginger for harmony
- Brew green tea by adding a pinch of dried ginger for every 250 ml of water.
- After cooling, add to drink 1 tbsp. l lemon juice.
- If you use a drink during a rigid diet, it is worth sweetening it 1 tsp. honey (39 kcal), which will be an excellent support for a depleted organism.
How can ginger be used in cooking?
Ginger root can be added to the first and second courses, there is even ginger flour, from which 2 types of sweet and 2 types of salty dough are prepared. Applying ginger, follow these rules:
- Fresh ginger root is added to soups.
- While cooking meat and poultry, juice is used with which the dish is sprinkled 15 minutes prior to readiness.
- Sauces are seasoned with ginger after they are cooked, and ginger powder is put in cold sauces.
- In desserts and drinks, fresh ginger is added 3 minutes before being cooked. The dough is in the process of kneading.
Culinary use of ginger is as follows:
- 0.2 g per 1 dessert.
- 1 g per 1 kg of dough, 1 liter of drink or liquid dish.
- 1 tsp grated ginger, powder or juice per 1 kg of meat.
Ginger in cosmetology: face and hair masks
Ginger is an ancient means of beauty and youth. It contains vitamins and amino acids, a group of resins, thanks to which it has an antiseptic effect. Masks based on it fight acne and black spots, help soften skin and give it a healthy shade, strengthen hair.
Ginger is not used in its pure form, it is mixed with honey, citrus juice or pomegranate, dairy products, oils and clay, depending on skin type.
In homemade masks, the easiest way to apply fresh grated ginger or juice from it, let's look at a few recipes for the face and hair.
Mask for all skin types against fatigue
Take 1 tbsp. l grated ginger, honey, orange juice and natural yogurt. Stir, apply on the face and neck with a thin layer. Hold on skin for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water, apply a light cream.
It is recommended to make a mask 2 times a week and after applying a large amount of cosmetics.
Acne and Acne Tonic Mask
Take 1 tsp. grated ginger and pour it with 200 ml of water. After cooling, moisten a cotton swab in the product and apply it to the acne accumulation zones. Keep 15-20 minutes, 2 times to moisten the sponge in the tool.
Essential oils and active substances are contained directly under the skin of the root, therefore they are very finely cleaned.
Rejuvenating ginger face mask with lifting
There are several lifting masks for fading skin, each of them is recommended to do a course of 5 treatments in 2 days. We present the recipe of the most effective and proven:
- Cup mint and the same amount of fresh spinach.
- 3 cm ginger root.
Chop mint and spinach, for this you can use a blender, add grated ginger and banana to the mixture, carefully move everything. Apply to cleansed face for 20-25 minutes, rinse with warm water.
The mask refreshes the face, nourishes the skin, and after 4-5 applications you will notice the lifting effect.
Ginger mask for hair growth
Ginger stimulates the hair follicles and strengthens the hair, if you make a Spanish mask 3 times a week:
- 2 tbsp. l of ginger juice, coffee grounds and honey.
- 2 quail or 1 chicken egg.
Mix all the ingredients and apply the mask on the scalp, wrap it in a bag, hold it for an hour and wash it off. Thanks to the Spanish ginger mask, hair will grow faster, stronger and will not split.
Even pure ginger juice applied to the scalp stimulates hair growth.
Ginger Drinks: Recipes
Ginger is good both in summer and winter drinks, the preparation of which will take a minimum of time. For example, you can simply pour 2 pinches of cinnamon in a thermos, add 2 tsp. ginger root and 1 tbsp. l honey to get a delicious New Year's tea.
- Ginger ale
- 3 cm. Ginger root.
- 1.5 liters of water.
- ½ part lemon.
- 3 sprigs of mint.
- 1.5 mineral water and orange juice.
- 10 art. l Sahara.
Put ginger and sugar in water, boil for 30 minutes, cool and strain the resulting syrup. Now take 150 ml of mineral water, the same amount of juice and mix in 1 glass, add 2-3 tbsp. l ginger syrup, mix and garnish with lemon and mint.
Ginger is a unique plant product with the help of which you can improve your health, please your skin and hair, prepare delicious dishes!