Toyota Prado 2018
One of the most sought-after and long-awaited SUVs in 2018 is already recognized as the new Toyota Prado. What to expect from a fifth-generation car, what improvements have been introduced by the manufacturer? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Land Cruiser Prado over its competitors of the same class? And the most interesting is when the start of sales in Russia and at what prices?
New Prado: Expected Premiere
The 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado SUV will turn thirty-one. "Pradik" in the base set is twice cheaper than the "ordinary Kruzak." In addition to the relatively low price, Russian motorists have long liked:
- highest Japanese reliability and truly “toyotovskoe” quality;
- excellent cross;
- the frame that favorably distinguishes the car from competing brands with a monocoque body;
- the right to choose the preferred engine and gearbox.
Since the fourth generation Prado has been in production for eight years, fans of the brand have been waiting for updates. And the latest news finally announced SUVfifth generation.
The updates introduced by the Toyota engineers touched upon three major components of the structure:
- engine ranges;
- off-road electronics;
- security systems.
In addition, spy photos that appeared in open access in 2016, witnessed an update of the appearance of "Pradika" inside and outside. Later, some details about the new generation became known.
Prado 2018 model year differs major improvements. The manufacturer promises to motorists:
- increase the maximum power of the petrol engine 2.7 liters to 165 hp and the maximum speed of the car to 175 km / h;
- improved acceleration to 100 km to 8.8 seconds;
- reduction of fuel consumption up to 10.6 l;
- Improving the line of power plants.
The manufacture of components from new grades of high-strength steel made it possible to increase the passive safety of the model and slightly reduce the mass.
Improving technical characteristics, the concern leaves unchanged the concept of a traditional all-wheel drive all-terrain vehicle.
The main change is the reconstruction of optical headlights, which are now even more similar to the side mirrors. Experts pay attention to the new lightweight discs.
But the first thing that catches the eye in the new body is the larger front bumper and large false radiator grille, along with large headlights and wheel arches giving the all-terrain vehicle a strong “muscular” look.
At the same time, the dimensions of the Pradika have not changed significantly.
Table. Dimensions Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2018
|Net weight||2,095 t|
|Loaded weight||2,990 tons|
|Base (center distance)||2790 mm|
|Front and rear track||on 1585 mm|
|Headlight Transmission Distance||200 m|
Fabric upholstery for the basic configuration is preserved, at the same time in all variants there is a third row of seats.
Judging by the photo of the salon, toyotovskie designers did a good job on finishing the controls. New multimedia system, touchscreen display, dashboard - everything is made of the highest quality materials, it is pleasing ergonomics and conciseness. Aluminum inserts look brilliant in every sense.
Seven people easily sit in the renewed Prado, and everyone has enough space. Soft seats are easily adjustable to any position. At the same time, an increase in luggage space is expected.
Reviews of Toyota Prado 2018 indicate the shortcomings of the SUV:
- poor stability on slippery roads;
- tendency to roll, confirmed by test drive;
- poor visibility from behind due to wide struts;
- cramped rear seat;
- high cost of service.
Prices and start of sales
The exact release date of "Pradika" serial production is still unknown, but the concern will not forget to inform the Russians about the start of sales.
Here are the equipment and prices for which you should focus:
- basic equipment (Comfort) - petrol engine 2.7 l / 165 hp, 4-speed automatic, cloth upholstery;
- configuration Elegance and Suite - V-shaped gasoline 8-cylinder engine 5.7 l / 380 hp or diesel 1GD-FTV with turbo 3 l / 178 hp, 6-band automatic transmission, leather upholstery.
- Comfort and Elegance - from 2.5 million to 3.5 million rubles;
- Suite in the top version (adaptive steering wheel, satellite navigation, camera with all-round visibility, etc.) - up to 4,230 million rubles.