Titan - the 2018 film
- Release year:2018
- Country of Origin:USA, Spain, United Kingdom
- Producer:Lennart Raff
- Cast:Sam Worthington, Taylor Schilling, Tom Wilkinson, Agnes Dein, Nathalie Emanuel, Diego Bonet, Corey Johnson, Alexander Jovanovic
Titan is the 2018 blockbuster expected by everyone with a lot of special effects and fantastic plot twists and of course with elements of a love story. He is sure to be appreciated by all fans of box-office science fiction cinema with modern computer graphics.
The director of the science fiction tape was Lennart Raff, who had previously worked exclusively on the creation of short films (Nocebo, 2014) and commercials. Thus, the film “Titan” in 2018 is the debut work of Lennart Raff in the field of full-length cinema. The screenplay was written by Max Harvits on the basis of the original story of Arash Amel, who is one of the producers of the film. According to the definition of the latter, the audience is awaited by a “love story in an era of innovative exploration of endless outer space”.
The shooting of the painting took place from February 2016 on the territory of Spain and the UK, and at the moment its production is fully completed. The budget of the film, as well as the official release date of the film, remains secret.
In addition to Sam Worthington, the main star of "Avatar", "Wrath of the Titans" and "Everest", in the film you can also see:
- Tom Wilkinson ("In the Bedroom", "Hotel Grand Budapest", "Snowden", "Michael Clayton");
- Agnes Dane (Battle of the Titans, White King);
- Taylor Schilling (Operation Argo, Atlas Shrugged, Lucky);
- Natalie Emmanuel (“Game of Thrones”, “Fast and Furious-7”, “Fast and Furious-8”, “Running in the Maze”).
The plot of the film takes place in the near future, where humanity has to pay for irresponsible attitude to the planet, which gradually turns into an uninhabitable celestial body. To survive, people are forced to search for new space objects and the satellite of Saturn, Titan, comes into view. But for a man in its current form, its conditions are unsuitable for existence, so scientists are working to improve the human genetic code and create an absolutely new race of people - the Titans, who in the future should become the masters of the planet.
Professional military pilot Rick (Sam Worthington), along with his wife Abigail (Taylor Schilling), arrives at a secret research base in the UK to take part in an experiment to create a "superman" who can survive in the harsh conditions of space. He should be the first to introduce an experimental drug to accelerate the evolution of man and increase his adaptability to life in outer space.
At first, everything is going well, under the influence of the drug, the hero has an incredible endurance and strength, new paranormal qualities develop, which the Earth’s inhabitants did not have before. Scientists are already happy with the results obtained and are looking forward to how the massive transformation of earthlings will take place, which is necessary for the planned relocation. But, as is usually the case in films, at one point some kind of failure occurs and Rick begins to show side effects that threaten not only the life of Rick himself, but also his family and, perhaps, the whole of humanity.
Will people succeed in correcting what happened or is human civilization doomed to extinction? It will be possible to learn this only after watching the sci-fi drama "Titan".
Interesting facts about the film
We offer some interesting facts about this fantastic film:
- The film is the debut directorial work of the German short film director Lennart Raff.
- This is the third film for Sam Worthington, which was filmed on the Canary Islands.
- This is the third film by Sam Worthington, the title of which contains the word “titan”. The first two (“Battle of the Titans” and “Wrath of the Titans”) were also filmed on the Canary Islands, but they have nothing to do with the new picture.
- This is the first international film in which the Spanish army was involved. The shooting involved 100 soldiers and 20 vehicles.
- The main locations of the film were shot on the island of Gran Canaria. It took the director 8 weeks to shoot all the scenes in this place.
- The island of Gran Canaria in Spain, where the shooting took place, is often called a “miniature continent”, which is associated with a large variety of natural species and landscapes, and its capital, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, is recognized as the city with the best climate in Earth