The rule on pre- and
Almost any person wants to write competently. But the Russian language is very complicated, and it is not always possible to understand which spelling of the given word will be correct. In this article, we once again recall the rule on pre- and pref.
Prefixes and prefixes
- First, let's look at how the prefix is written for.
This prefix gives the following meaning to the words:
- Spatial proximity, contiguity. Examples are the following words: coastal, homestead, frontline, coastal, pridneprovye.
- Addition, approximation, accession. Examples of words are: bind, fasten, drive, freeze, bring.
- Incomplete action. Examples of words: lie down, sit down, priutihnut, slightly open, tie.
- Bringing the action to completion, to some specific result. Examples are the words: muffle (completely drown), finish off, come up, look, cut.
- Acting in your own interests, increased manifestation of action. Examples of words: lure, get accustomed, dress up, listen, hide.
- Companion action. Examples: to dance, whisper.
- We continue to study prefixes and pre-. The rule about the prefix.
This prefix will be written in such cases:
- Words mean the ultimate degree of action,exceeding any facet or the highest degree of quality. Examples of words can be given the following: exceed, premium, exaggerate, prekroshenky, extol.
- When the prefix is set to the prefix. Examples of words: to transgress, to block.
This rule has an addition. Spelling in extreme cases:
- By origin the prefix isOld Slavonic. In the Russian language it will correspond to a prefix that has a full-blown combination of transitions. Compare: the obstruction is the septum, the transgression is to cross, the inverted one is inverted.
- Words with prefixes pre- and come closeby sounding and different in meaning. It is necessary to distinguish in which case what prefix to write. For example, for comparison, such words: incline the branch and bow your head, shut the door and translate into reality, the incoming neighbor and the passing moment.
- There are words in which the prefixes are no longer singled out. Examples are words: subject, predit, limit, device, order, primitive.
- It is often difficult to distinguish between the meanings of words: multiply (add a small amount) and multiply (greatly multiply). It is necessary to distinguish this.
- In words borrowed, it is possiblewriting for, and pre-. As a rule, these elements are not considered prefixes. Examples: preamble, presidium, privilege, priority, president, prima donna.