Stretch ceilings in OdessaSeptember 14, 2018
Few people know that the first stretch ceilings first appeared in the days of ancient Greece. Even then, rich aristocrats decorated their luxurious homes with the help of expensive and beautiful fabrics. In later times, the fashion for stretch ceilings in Odessa was revived already in France, from where it gradually reached us. Today they are offered by large and small firms in any city.
Let's look at the pros and cons of the interior details that are so popular these days. Let's start with the positive aspects:
- Stretch ceilings look beautiful and allow you to hide various pipes, wiring, boxes and various defects of the main ceiling.
- If the neighbors suddenly have a flood from above, then water will not be able to fill your apartment. It will be enough to call a specialist who will pump out the liquid that has accumulated over the canvas, and will dry everything thoroughly.
- Another advantage of these ceilings is the speed of their installation. Skilled craftsmen do their work very quickly and efficiently.
- Stretch ceilings can be installed in any room, because even high humidity is not a hindrance to them.
- The ceilings are durable and not demanding care from the residents, because they have excellent dirt and dust repellency.
And now we come to the disadvantages:
- The main disadvantage of stretch ceilings is their considerable cost. Since the demand for this product is quite high, manufacturers are not in a hurry to reduce its price.
- In some cases, pressure may gradually build up above the ceiling. What ultimately leads to the collapse of the canvas when you open the door or window. But you should not worry, because problems of this kind are solved directly by the company that established the ceiling.
- Stretch ceilings are very fragile and are easily damaged by any sharp object. If a similar trouble occurs during the installation process, then you will be reimbursed. But if the masters make a mistake that will lead to damage to the web, then you will have to pay for the repairs. So be careful.
- Another disadvantage is the limitation on the power of electric luminaires mounted on the ceilings.Otherwise, yellow halos are formed around the light sources.
- If the stretch ceiling is mounted in the kitchen, then the canvas may hang slightly above the cooking surface or even change its color.
- Stretch ceilings made of PVC plastic are afraid of lowering the temperature below five degrees Celsius. When the heating is turned off in winter, the canvas will crack and become useless.
As you can see, almost all the disadvantages of stretch ceilings are very insignificant and are the result of mistakes made when improperly installed. If you do everything correctly and prudently, then many problems can be avoided later.