Simple recipes for making yoghurt in a yoghurt maker, a slow cooker, a thermos and a jar at home: yogurts made from milk, sourdoughs and sour cream, sweet yogurts with berries and fruits
What could be tastier and healthier than naturalcooked yoghurt? This product is obtained through the "work" of lactic acid bacteria, which, under certain conditions, saturate ordinary milk with a peculiar taste and color. In addition to taste, yogurt has beneficial properties that have a beneficial effect on the stomach, intestines, and immunity.Let's talk about how to make such a useful milk-based product in many different ways.
The main thing in the article
What to cook yogurt at home: the selection of products
For souring yogurt, two main products are used:
Everything else that is added to the yogurt in the cooking process, is considered to be additives and depends on the preferences of the person who is preparing such a delicacy.
Now let's talk about the requirements for the main products:
- MilkIdeally, it should be homemade, rustic. In order to get a low-fat dairy product at home, you can use the so-called distillery or milk from a low-fat store. Milk should not be sterilized, prefer fresh or pasteurized.
Leaven.It is of two types:
dry, it is available in pharmacies and supermarkets. Such ferment is realized in portion bags or flasks. Usually one sachet / bottle is for 1–3 l of milk;
liquidpractically no different from dry, but it has one drawback. Although liquid ferment has a shelf life of three months, it is noted that lacto-and bifidobacteria can die at the end of the first month of storage.
Consumers prefer dry sourdough, noting that the taste of yogurt from it is more delicate, since the liquid version gives a slightly sour taste.
Homemade milk yogurt: cooking technology
The classic starter technology of homemade yoghurt is as follows:
- Milk should have a temperature of 40–45 ° С, since when indications on a thermometer are above 50 ° С, bacteria can die.
- Liquid or dry yeast is injected into the milk. Warm environment contributes to the "work" of yogurt bacteria.
- Turning milk into yogurt takes up to 12 hours. The whole process of ripening should take place at a temperature of about 40 ° C.
- At the end of the allotted time, the finished yogurt should be cooled to 5 ° C, otherwise it can peroxide.
Sourdough for homemade yogurt: how to choose?
On sale there are quite a lot of various starters, which promise an unsurpassed taste of yogurt and a lot of useful properties. How to choose a really high-quality product from such abundance?
- Initially, pay attention to the composition.
- Preference should be given to the leaven, in which there are more varieties of beneficial bacteria.
- The presence of not only lacto-but also bifidobacteria is welcomed.
- Also, by the way, additional vitamins and trace elements in leaven, this useful bonus "like" to many consumers.
How to make yogurt at home on sourdough step by step
The easiest way to cook yogurt on the leaven of the pharmacy, it is enough to purchase two main products.
The final consistency of yogurt depends on the amount of milk; the smaller it is, the thicker the yogurt will be.
Next, we perform the following actions:
- If the milk is rustic, it must be boiled. In the case of buying already pasteurized, this step should be skipped. Take 1-3 liters of milk.
- Cool milk to 40–45 ° С. Heat pasteurized to such a temperature.
- Add one bag or a jar of leaven to the lukewarm milk, stir it.
- Tara in which to prepare the yogurt, wrapped in a blanket and put in heat. If you want to make yogurt in portions, then pour the milk with the added starter into the portion containers and wrap them with a blanket.
- Leave to ferment for 8–12 hours. It is convenient to cook such sourdough in the evening, so in the morning we get a tasty and healthy breakfast.
Homemade yogurt in a yogurt maker: a classic recipe
The yogurt maker greatly facilitates the cooking process and guarantees 100% the quality of delicious yogurt. The main "trick" of the yogurt maker is to maintain the selected optimal temperature during the entire period of ripening, which is a very important condition for production.
Homemade yogurt in a yogurt maker is very simple.
- To do this, mix the milk with fermented milk bacteria, according to the instructions on the package ferment.
- Pour the mixture into portioned yoghurt maker jars and leave for 8–10 hours.
The recipe for homemade yogurt without yeast
If it turned out that you did not find the starter, then you can make yoghurt at home withmilk and purchased fermented milk product such as “Danone” or “Activia”.
- To make it boil 1 l of milk.
- Cool it to 40–45 ° С.
- In a warm liquid, add 120-150 ml of the above-mentioned yogurt and mix.
- Fermented product will be about 6-8 hours. All this time the dishes with yogurt should be kept warm.
- You can keep the heat at around 40 ° C if you are cooking yogurt in a slow cooker or placing dishes in an oven heated to the right temperature.
How to cook yogurt at home in a thermos?
The recipe for homemade yogurt in a jar: a simple recipe
This recipe is called Grandma's, since this way they prepared a tasty product from milk earlier, when yogurt makers and multicookers were not even dreamed of. For cooking you will need:
- 1 l of milk;
- 200 ml of leaven.
In the old days, housewives left in a jar the remains of a previously prepared fermented milk product, keeping them cold and using them as a starter. Today, it can be bought in stores, many brands produce ready-made yeast for live yogurt.
Preparing yogurt as follows:
- Mix the yeast with milk, heated to 40 ° C.
- Pour the mixture into the jar and place it near the warm battery, after wrapping the jar with a blanket.
- In the old days, such yoghurt was left on the stove; modern housewives, if the heating is turned off, can be used to maintain the optimum temperature in the oven.
- After 6–8 hours of fermentation, the healthy, tasty dairy product in the can is ready.
Cooking homemade yogurt in a slow cooker
For the preparation of yogurt, you can use such a miracle technology as a slow cooker. For this you need:
- mix the milk with the starter, according to the instructions on the package ferment;
- pour the received liquid into the bowl of the multicooker and turn on the “yogurt” function, such is in many modern electronic wonder pots; if you do not have such a function, then press the “heating” button.
- in 8-12 hours the yogurt will be ready.
And about the dishes that can be prepared using the slow cooker, read the article: “The best recipes for the slow cooker with a photo: soups, meat, chicken, rice. Pies and casseroles in a slow cooker ”.
How to make drinking yoghurt at home?
For drinking yogurt you need to prepare:
- 1 l of milk;
- 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt.
- Boil milk, cool to 45 ° C.
- Add live yogurt, mix.
- Wrap the dishes with leaven in a blanket, leave to warm overnight.
- In the morning, mix the yoghurt, pour it into a glass dish and send to the fridge to cool.
You can get drinking yoghurt using dry sourdough. Add 250 ml more to the maximum proportion of milk indicated on the leaven package, then you will have more liquid drinking yoghurt.
Homemade Yogurt with Berries: Photo Recipe
For the leaven, you will need the following products:
- 1 l of milk;
- 200 ml of natural yogurt;
- fresh berries puree to your taste.
Cooking a fermented milk product in a yogurt maker:
- Mix milk with live yogurt. For better mixing, the yoghurt is initially mixed with a portion of the milk, then poured into the general bowl.
- The resulting mixture is poured into portion yogurt jars.
- Turn on the "miracle technique" and leave the mixture fermented for 8 hours.
- In each jar with yogurt, add 1 tablespoon of fresh berries puree.
- Stir and send the yogurt in the fridge for 2 hours. The longer the yogurt is in the fridge, the denser will be the consistency of the fermented milk product.
Banana and strawberry yogurt at home
Healthy yogurt at home with dried fruit and honey
What could be more useful for breakfast than a delicious home-cooked yogurt with nutritious honey and fortified dried fruits? And cook it easy.
- In the evening, make a sourdough of 1 l of milk, preheating it to 45 ° C, and a bag of dry or 1 jar of liquid sourdough.
- Put in the heat.
- In the morning, add ready-made honey and dried fruits to the finished fermented milk product. Enjoy a wholesome and nutritious breakfast.
Homemade yogurt with cottage cheese: a recipe for a delicious dessert with a photo
We want to share with you a really unusual recipe for a delicious, healthy, sour-milk dessert.
- First you need to make a classic thick yogurt, according to the instructions on the package ferment.
- After preparing the gauze and colander.
- Pour into the prepared gauze yogurt.
- Leave to drain.
- When the mass becomes dense enough, you can get and treat your household with an interesting new dessert.
Homemade Natural Yoghurt: Recipe
Greek yogurt at home
From the usual version of homemade yogurt, the Greek differs in a special texture that resembles soft cheese. Do it as follows:
- 1 l of milk;
- 200 g of live yogurt.
Perform the following steps:
- Boil milk and cool to 40 ° C.
- Live yogurt mixed with 1/3 of warm milk, mix well.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the remaining milk.
- To wrap in a blanket and leave in a warm place for 8 hours.
- Put a few layers of gauze into a colander and pour the yoghurt there.
- After 2 hours, when excess liquid is drained, yogurt can be applied in portioned bowls and add fruits and berries.
Frozen Yogurt: Recipe
This is a great dessert for children in the hot summer season. And he prepares very simple. It will take:
- Yoghurt - 1 l. It can be made according to any of the above recipes.
- Fresh fruit or berry puree - 100–200 g.
- Sugar syrup or honey to taste.
The cooking process is extremely simple, yogurt divided into three parts, in each of them add berry puree.
Move until uniform.
Ways of freezing depend on your preferences. You can use forms for ice cream or silicone molds. You can also freeze yogurt with a total weight and make beautiful ice cream balls in a waffle cone.
You will find many recipes of delicious homemade ice cream.here.
How to cook yogurt from sour cream: a recipe
Sour cream can be an excellent starter.
- To make yogurt from sour cream, you need to take pasteurized milk, which is heated to 35–40 ° C.
- To a liter of milk you need to add 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Leave it warm for souring.
- Before use, add fruits, berries, honey to fermented milk product.
Why can not I make homemade yogurt: the main mistakes
Sometimes it happens that yogurt does not work, although all the technology has been sustained. What can cause not souring milk?
- Cookware should be made of glass. Yogurt does not always work if you cook it in aluminum or plastic containers.
- Do not use supplements in the form of berries, fruits, chocolate, sugar in the cooking process. They are already attached to the finished fermented product.
- The density of the final product depends on the fat content of milk, this should be taken into account when souring.
- Adding a starter to milk that is too hot leads to the death of bacteria and fermentation does not occur.
- Utensils for making yogurt must be sterile, and the temperature is stable.