Pine cones jam. The most delicious cooking recipes
Hello everyone, hello! Agree, it's great when you live close to picturesque places of nature, for example, when there is a coniferous forest nearby. You can go out every weekend and breathe fresh air, enjoy peace and quiet, beauty. And you can combine rest with difficulty and collect the gifts that our land presents to us at different times of the year.
So, if you are in the field, and the beginning of warm days is in the yard, then you can collect dandelions, cook some tasty treats or make a tincture. But if you are in the forest, you can not only pick berries and mushrooms, but pick green pine cones. And they will be needed not for handicrafts, but for the preparation of healing jam from them.
As in any business, in this cooking process you need to know not only the recipes themselves, but also the particularities of the collection of this raw material. Therefore, we will analyze everything from A to Z, so that everything is extremely clear.
When can and need to collect pine cones for making jam
So, in order for our treat to have a healing character, it is important to collect young nipples. Speaking specifically about the collection time, it all depends on what region you live in and what climatic conditions you have. Most often it is of course the summer months, June or August. But in some places and the mid-end of May.
In any case, the following rules should be taken into account and followed:
- raw materials must be green and free from defects and must also be small in size;
- the bumps themselves should not yet be opened;
- but the tree should look healthy, without any damage;
- female fruits are best for gathering, they are distinguished by an increased amount of resin and high density, as well as ribbed scales;
- fruits must be torn off, in no case be lifted from the ground;
- trees must be in an ecologically clean area.
According to experts, the end of June is the most prosperous period for collecting green pine cones.
An indicator of the fact that raw materials can be collected is another characteristic: if the product is easily pierced with a knife or fingernail, then you have time. But if you can not do it and the fruits of the tree are solid, then alas, you are late.Such cones for the preparation of useful delicacies are no longer suitable.
I also want to bring to your attention the following video, seeing which, you will learn how to properly collect forest gifts.
The benefits and harms treats. How to take and what are the contraindications:
Now let's talk about why you need to cook such a dish and whether it is necessary, because its taste is specific and not everyone will like it. So is it worth bothering or is it only to make ordinary blanks of berries and fruits?
In fact, it is worth working and preparing this medicinal honey or syrup, because it is very useful.
And the most important advantage of such a delicacy is that it is considered antiviral and contains a large amount of vitamin C. Therefore, if you are sick with the flu or another cold, a couple of spoons of jam will help you recover quickly. Plus, the bumps themselves are a powerful antioxidant. And they can and should be eaten!
These conifers contain vitamins of groups B, E, K, P, and also essential oils are present. Plus, they contain chromium, iron and copper salt with a large amount of linoleic acid.It is safe to say that this home remedy helps to eliminate the stagnation of bile, and can also relieve inflammation of the gums and is an excellent diuretic.
With all the positive things you need to eat the dish carefully, 1-2 tsp per day. Again, it is worth talking about who this drug is contraindicated.
If you have kidney problems or have liver disease, ulcers and gastritis, then it is better not to use this raw material. It is also contraindicated to drink food and people who suffer from diabetes. In children, this sweetness can cause allergies, for the same reason, it is better not to use jam, and pregnant or lactating women.
Cooking cough syrup
Since this tool is mostly antiviral, it is usually done without adding any additives in order to preserve all the naturalness and benefits of the product.
- Pine cones - 1 kg;
- Sugar - 1 kg;
- Water - 1 liter.
1. After you have collected the fruits, you need to wash them well and remove forest trash and tails. Then put in a deep container and fill with cold water, leave for a day.Soaking process helps to get rid of bitterness.
At the end of time, drain the water and fill with new. Put on a moderate heat and bring to a boil.
2. Debris and tar will appear on the surface. This should be removed during the cooking process.
3. The very skimmer or spoon periodically wipe.
4. After you remove the first garbage, add sugar. If in the future there will be garbage again, remove it.
5. Cook the dish on low heat for 1.5-2 hours.
6. The color of the syrup should be saturated amber.
7. Sterilize the jars, and as soon as the water turns red, pour the contents into the prepared containers, screw the lids on. Over time, the treat will darken, and the bumps will become soft and sweet.
Pine cones jam with honey
I also want to share the recipe with the addition of fragrant honey. I will note that in this method the cooking procedure is different from the previous version.
- Green small pine cones - 800 gr .;
- Sugar - 1 kg;
- Natural honey - 50 gr .;
- Water - 1.5 liters.
1. Wash the fruit and place it in the pan. Fill with water, simmer for 40 minutes. Then leave alone for 10-12 hours.
2After strain the syrup, and already from it cook the healing treats. For 1 cup of syrup, take 1 cup of sugar.
3. Take the container, pour in the sugar and fill it with drained liquid. Simmer for 1.5 hours. 20 minutes before readiness add cones and honey. On the floor liter jar need 8-10 pieces.
4. Pour the finished consistency in sterilized jars and store in a cool place.
Cooking method with pine nuts
And now I suggest you prepare a real natural medicine, as we will add pine nuts to the useful coniferous fruits. Can you imagine what taste will come out? I advise you of course not to submit, but to cook and try.
- Young green pine cones - 1 kg;
- Sugar - 1 kg;
- Water - 1 l;
- Pine nuts - 250 grams.
1. Rinse the collected raw materials, remove the garbage, and cut the twigs. Fill all with water and leave overnight.
2. When time passes, proceed to cooking sugar syrup. To do this, put the water on the fire, pour sugar, and constantly stirring the liquid, bring it to a boil.
3. As soon as the syrup boils, pour the prepared cones into it.
4.Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. At this time, clear the pine nuts.
5. When your mass starts to boil well, remove the foam from the surface. Sprinkle nuts. Boil for 5-10 minutes. Turn off the heat and cool slightly. Pour the contents into sterilized jars, close the lids.
The most delicious and beautiful delicacy with lemon
It turns out in this dish you can add citrus. It gives a delicate aroma and a special taste. Well, in addition to all the amount of vitamin increases.
- Cones - 700-800 gr .;
- Sugar - 1 kg;
- Lemon - 1 pc. (crust);
- Water - 1 liter.
1. First, wash the fruit and soak in cold water for a day. Then change the water and pour everything into an enamel pan, put it on a fire. When everything boils, remove debris from the surface. But the lemon peel, or you can replace the orange peel, cut into strips. Add them to the bumps.
2. Cook for 1.5 hours on low heat. At this time, sterilize the jars and lids.
3. Cool the treat and first lay the bumps and crusts on the jars, and then pour all the syrup. Close the lids and clean in a cool place.
Recipe for pine cones jam without boiling
Probably from any fruit and berries you can prepare such a delicacy that does not require heat treatment, which gives an additional opportunity to preserve all the benefits of the gifts of nature. As for our case, here too there is a way of such a blank.
- Cones - 1 kg;
- Sugar - 1.5 kg.
1. Rinse the fruit well and cut it into small pieces.
2. Take a clean jar and fold into it one by one a layer of cones, a layer of sugar.
3. Close the blank with a plastic cap and store in a darkened place, but not in the refrigerator, for 2-3 months. After a while, the sugar will dissolve and form a very tart syrup.
In conclusion, I would like to say that pine cones jam is really considered a natural doctor. And it is easy and simple to prepare, according to one scheme. However, remember that overuse will not be beneficial. Plus, pay attention to contraindications. If you have them, then it is better not to stock up such a delicacy. Well, if you are completely healthy, feel free to prepare such a magic wand for the winter, and any flu will pass you by.