Manty: how tasty and properly cook juicy manti with meat
Good afternoon dear friends. The winter is on the nose, which means that there are long weekends ahead and an extra reason to meet with family and friends. And where the gatherings can not do without a feast. And probably many housewives are concerned about the question of how to surprise the guests? I suggest you not to rack your brains, but to take a classic dish - manti.
After all, I think that everyone loves meat in dough !! Dumplings are likely to be cooked by many at the New Year's table, at least in our family it is a custom to meet the year with the obligatory presence of this dish. But manti or as they are called poses will be very relevant for the winter holidays.
In general, this dish is very popular among many nations, and if you draw an analogy with this dish, it will look like this: in Russia it is dumplings, in Italy it is ravioli, in Georgia it is khinkali, in Ukraine it is dumplings, and in Lithuania it is sorcerers . But for experienced chefs, and for me, these are all different dishes.
Manta is the birthplace of China with a very interesting history of occurrence. Stumbled upon it by chance, read here, I think you will be surprised.
From the history!! As the Chinese legend says, the dish owes its origin to the commander Liang Dzunge. So he had to sacrifice 50 men to the spirits, but since he did not want to give his soldiers, he went to the deception: the commander asked me to make buns that look like human heads from the dough, and then fill them with beef meat. Spirits did not notice the substitution and were pleased. Well, the recipe caught on and became popular in many countries.
The best recipe for manta dough, so that it is elastic and does not tear
I want to say that for this dish it is very important to knead the correct dough, because not only the taste but also the preservation of the juicy filling will depend on it.
I offer to your attention a universal way of cooking dough, it is suitable both for our food, and for ravioli and dumplings, and some even make it pasties.
Also in the process I will share with you some tricks, follow them and you will succeed !! 😉
- Flour - 700 gr .;
- Water - 1 tbsp .;
- Egg - 1 pc .;
- Salt - 1.5 tsp.
1.Take a deep bowl and sift the flour into it, and make a well in the middle.
On a note!! Many housewives recommend taking only the highest-grade flour, but the cooks advise her to fully or partially replace the second-grade flour.
2. Drive an egg into it and sprinkle salt. Now stir everything well with a spoon.
3. Then, not immediately, but gradually add water and stir the dough so as not to form lumps.
Tip !! It is better to knead the dough in hot water. Many water is replaced by warm milk.
4. Knead the dough, the longer you do it, the better. You should get a rather harsh, but elastic mass.
Tip !! It is necessary to knead it for at least 10 minutes.
5. The next step is to cover the dough with a packet, cling film, or a wet towel. So it when rolling will be much softer and more pliable. Leave everything as it is for 1 hour or more.
So, to summarize all the nuances of making thin dough, so that it does not tear:
- better use two types of wheat flour at once;
- the correct proportion of water to flour is 1: 2;
- for 1 kg of flour you need to add at least two eggs;
- Be sure to let the mass draw under a wet towel.
And one more clarification: the manti pellets should be rolled thinly at 1 mm, which is why we need a strong and elastic dough.
Different ways of molding mantias: braid and rosette
Moving on. And now I want to immediately raise the issue of step-by-step options for modeling our product. We will consider, in my opinion, the most popular and spectacular types of presentation, and do not be afraid that you will not succeed, in fact, everything is simple, the main thing is to practice.
- Easy way of molding manti roses
This method is considered the most elementary, since there are no complicated twists and bends.
1. Take the dough and roll it with a rolling pin into an oblong layer.
2. Now make a beautiful curly strip of it, for example in the form of a wave.
On a note!! Can be used for cutting special figure knives.
3. We take the stuffing and put it on our billet to the middle.
4. Fold the ribbon in half.
5. Now gently roll it into a roll.
6. Hands correct petals, it turned out a rosette.
- How beautifully manti braid pig
Pigtail braiding is known to many, it also conquers all with its simplicity and beauty.
1. Roll out the oval layer.And from it make circles with the help of glass. Take one turned circle and place the filling in the center.
2. Cover the base of the filling with the edge of the dough.
3. Now we make small tucks from both edges and impose them on each other.
4. Repeat pinching and folding, at the same time pick up more and more new batches of dough as you move to the top of the pie.
5. The edge that you will have just connect together.
And if you have plenty of time, then you can practice in these types of modeling:
- Little flower
Well, let's talk about the classic way a bit lower, after all, we shouldn't forget about it either !!
Step-by-step recipe for cooking manti with meat
Now it's time to understand all the nuances of cooking meat dishes and find out what is used as a filling.
In general, different types of meat are added to this dish, someone cooks beef, pork, and even chicken, and in distant countries take camel meat as a basis. But still traditional is the filling with minced lamb.
- Lamb - 700 gr .;
- Onions - 5 pcs .;
- Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp. L .;
- Salt - to taste;
- Dough (see recipe above) - 1 kg.
1.Take the pulp of lamb, rinse and dry. Cut into pieces: someone cuts larger, someone smaller. Do as you like.
2. Chop the onion and chop into small cubes.
3. Chop onions a little salt and mix to get the juice.
4. Combine the meat with the onions and mix well again with your hand. If desired, stuffing can be peppered.
5. We take our elastic dough and roll it into a thin layer. Cut into squares.
6. In each square in the center we place the meat mixture, somewhere with one teaspoon approximately.
7. We form our flat cakes with meat, connecting all the corners.
8. Dip the bottom of each resulting billet in vegetable oil, and then lay in a double boiler and set the time to 45 minutes. So, our dish will not break when pulled out, and we will keep all our juice.
On a note!! Manty, unlike ravioli and dumplings, is steamed, and not cooked in a saucepan. For this purpose, use a special mantyshnitsy, double boiler or a slow cooker.
Recipe of cloves with meat and potatoes to be juicy inside
In addition to the meat filling with onions, very often they try to add vegetables, such as potatoes, to mince. And this type of cooking attracts me a lot and many appreciate it.making the dish only for such a recipe. And the thing is that thanks to the potato pieces, poses become very, very juicy.
For the test:
- Flour - 3.5 tbsp .;
- Water - 1 tbsp .;
- Egg - 1 pc .;
- Salt - 0.5 tea l.
- Minced meat - 500 gr .;
- Potatoes - 3 pcs .;
- Onions - 3-4 pcs .;
- Salt, pepper, zra - to taste.
1. Break the egg into a deep cup, pour in water and add salt. Stir and gradually pour the sifted flour to the mass. Knead the dough, cover with a wet towel and leave for an hour.
2. At this time we will prepare the filling. The meat this time I took beef and pork, somewhere in equal proportions. Finely chop it up. Onions and potatoes, I also cut into small pieces. Ready minced salt and pepper, add zur.
Tip !! Many potatoes and onions are rubbed on a coarse grater, but I do not advise you to do this, then the meat will not turn out 100% juicy.
3. Now proceed to the molding. We pinch off a small piece of dough and make a sausage. Cut it into 8 pieces and roll out cakes with a diameter of 12 cm.
4. In each cake put the filling and sculpt manty.
5. Lubricate the bottom of the mantyshnitsa with vegetable oil and lay out our poses for 60 minutes.
Tip !! So that our blanks still do not break, it is convenient to first lay out circles of zucchini or sheets of Peking cabbage, and only then put manti on top. Just do not close the holes in the pot, otherwise the steam will pass badly.
6. The finished dish can be decorated with finely chopped dill or parsley.
Cooking poses with pumpkin at home
I can not share with you the following photo recipe with the addition of pumpkin. I tried it quite recently with my friend at my birthday party, and even at first did not understand what this dish was made from. It turned out there is no meat, and added some kind of vegetable. Very tasty and vividly obtained !!
And we will add bacon and cheese, just lick your fingers, I’ve already drooled))
- Pumpkin - 1 pc .;
- Onions - 2 pcs .;
- Bacon - 400 gr .;
- Cheese, which easily melts - 300 gr .;
- Provencal herbs - to taste;
- Dough - 1 kg.
1. Cut pumpkin into pieces and peel and seed.
2. Then rub on a coarse grater and be sure to squeeze out excess juice.
3. Add spices to the pumpkin.
4. Onions cleaned and chopped in a blender. Sent to the pumpkin mass.
5. Mix everything well.
6. Make small cakes out of dough.
7We replace meat with bacon. With bacon, cut off the skin and cut it into slices.
8. Place bacon on the rolled cake and pumpkin filling on top.
9. Top three cheese.
10. We sculpt our product in the classical way:
- fasten parallel edges in one place;
- do the same with the second parallel edges;
- connect the side edges with one and the other side;
- fix them well with your hands.
11. Cook the dish for a couple for an hour, not forgetting to grease the dishes with vegetable oil. Bon Appetit!!
Delicious manty with meat and cabbage
Since the pumpkin is unlikely to be found in the winter, I suggest making the dish using ordinary white cabbage. For a change just right !!
- Flour - 500 gr .;
- Water - 1 tbsp .;
- Egg - 1 pc .;
- Salt - to taste.
- Meat - 600 gr .;
- White cabbage - 1 pc .;
- Onions - 2 pcs .;
- Vegetable oil - 50 gr .;
- Ground black pepper, salt - to taste.
1. Mix egg, water and salt. Slowly pour the sifted flour, knead the dough. Cover with cling film and leave for 30 minutes alone.
2. Pass the meat through a meat grinder, and finely chop the peeled onion and cabbage into cubes.Add vegetable oil, pepper, salt. Mix well.
3. Blind poses with a bag or a way convenient for you (modeling options, see above).
4. You can immediately cook a meat dish in a mantovarka or a double boiler for 40 minutes, or freeze in store.
Tip !! Manty necessarily spread at a distance from each other, as when cooking, they increase in volume and can stick together.
Video on how to properly prepare beef poses
Of course I want you to see the process of cooking our snacks while still alive. Found you a good movie. We will cook manti with beef.
By the way, I really like to fry them in a frying pan until golden on butter after cooking, it turns out just awesome !!
Bonus recipe for lazy manti
And at the end I want to share a way for lazy people or for those who for some reason have little time, or maybe the modeling of these products is completely impossible. I suggest you make a khanum, that is, lazy manti.
They are also popular with many nations. Everything is done in the form of a roll, but the taste is not lost. My friend from Dagestan often treats our family with such a dish, though she always adds chopped walnuts to the filling.
- Mutton pulp - 500 gr .;
- Potatoes - 400 gr .;
- Flour - 0.5 kg;
- Onions - 1 pc .;
- Egg - 1 pc .;
- Fat - 100 grams;
- Salt, red and black pepper - to taste;
- Oil - for lubrication;
- Water - for the test.
1. Knead the dough and let it rest.
2. Peel and wash the onions, cut into small pieces.
3. Peel potatoes and cut them into cubes.
4. Fat finely chopped and scrolled with meat.
5. Combine vegetables with minced meat, add spices, mix well.
6. Roll the dough into a very thin layer.
7. Grease the resulting circle with butter and place our prepared mince on it.
8. Smooth the filling along the entire perimeter, leaving space on the edges.
9. Gently twist the roll, pressing the dough on each curl.
10. Fix the edges and send our large manta to the double boiler for 40 minutes. Bowl steamers be sure to carefully grease the oil.
11. Cut the finished dish into pieces and pour on your favorite sauce, preferably garlic.
Well, my dear readers are not I tired of you? Tell us, how often do you cook this dish and for what recipes ?? For us, this is a traditional dinner, two or three times a month I always cook juicy manti, and instead of dressing I use soy sauce. Waiting for your comment and saying goodbye. See you!!