Loop repairFebruary 26, 2010
There is no eternal furniture. No matter how well made cabinets and cabinets, breakdowns happen. Most often, the hinges of doors break down in furniture, since it is they that account for the maximum load in the form of frequent openings and closures. If you encounter a similar problem, do not rush to look for a new cabinet.
To repair the hinges on your furniture you will need epoxy putty or special mounting glue with a polyurethane base. When hardening, these materials practically do not differ from wood and, unlike ordinary furniture putty, have high strength. The same materials can help you if there is a problem of loosening the holes for the screws, it is enough to fill the holes, hammer in the wooden insert and re-tighten the screws.
In addition to the putty, you will also need the following tools to repair the hinges: chisel, screwdriver, drilling template, wood drill and drill. Do not interfere with sandpaper and varnish for wood.
The sequence of repair of broken loops
- We clean the nest with a chisel, get rid of the sawdust and dirt with a brush, and fill the holes with putty or glue.
- We wait for the complete drying of the putty, remove the excess and carefully polish the surface of the door.
- We plan future holes with the help of a drilling template (it must be remembered that there should be at least 2 cm to the edge).
- Special drill to make a new nest for the loop.
- To preserve the appearance of the furniture, paint over the place where the hinge is fastened with varnish that matches the color.
- We drill holes for fastenings with a drill of smaller diameter than the screws you have chosen.
As a result of this procedure, we obtain a new loop attachment point, almost indistinguishable from the factory one. After installing the loop in place, it must be adjusted. As a rule, loops have the ability to control by three parameters, namely:
- A. By height. This adjustment is useful if the closed door is located above or below the cabinet.
- B. By depth of landing. If, when closing between the cabinet and the door, a large gap is formed or, on the contrary, it is too tight, it is possible to adjust this parameter within 1.5 mm.
- C. Adjustment relative to the center helps to orient the edge of the door exactly in the middle of the cabinet.