Inflammatory diseases of the reproductive organs in women
In more than 50% of cases the reason for the treatmentpatients to the gynecologist - inflammatory diseases of the reproductive tract. Basically, these are young women who live an active sex life. The main cause of inflammation is an STD, although often the causative agent is the banal flora.
It is very important to diagnose and treat in timedisease, otherwise it can lead to serious consequences. However, this can be done not so simply, because often the inflammation is asymptomatic, and the woman does not know that she is sick.
In this case, to help diagnose inflammatory diseases of the genital organs will help only examinations at the gynecologist. A woman should go through them once a year. If something bothers you, then immediately.
Care must be taken to your healthafter birth, diagnostic curettage, change of sexual partner, abortion, casual sex, GHA, gynecological operations, the introduction of the IUD, hypothermia, serious stress and illness. It is very important to observe personal hygiene and use condoms. Also, serious provoking factors are reduced immunity and hormonal failures.
Very often inflammatory diseases lead to the following consequences:
- miscarriage of pregnancy;
- dysfunction of the ovaries;
- soreness in sex;
- pelvic pain;
- ectopic pregnancy.
Unfortunately, it happens that it is these manifestations that make a woman turn to a doctor. In this case there are already irreversible changes that are very difficult to treat.
So, inflammatory diseases of female genitalia have the following symptoms:
- neoplasms on appendages and external genitalia;
- disturbances of urination;
- itching of the genitals;
- vaginal discharge (often abundant with odor, unusual color and consistency);
- vomiting, nausea;
- abdominal pain and appendages.
The presence of even one of the first four signs is enough for a visit to the doctor.
It is important to remember that diagnosing and treatingInflammatory diseases should only the gynecologist. To prescribe to itself therapy it is impossible. The sooner an appeal to a doctor occurs, the shorter and cheaper the treatment will be, and the likelihood of complications will be lower.
The survey should contain the following items:
- gynecological ultrasound;
- blood for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis C and B;
- clinical studies of urine and blood;
- smear on STDs using the PCR method;
- crops on the microflora, ureaplasma and mycoplasma;
- medical examination;
- analysis for atypical cells and flora.
The indications are colposcopy, laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, biochemical blood test.
The treatment schedule depends on the duration, severity andlocalization of the inflammatory process. Depending on the detected pathogens, antibacterial, antiviral or antifungal agents may be prescribed.
At the discretion of the doctor, immune and microflora-repairing agents are used. Also used are vitamin therapy, anti-inflammatory, pain medication if necessary.
Only local treatment is usually not used,However, its use helps to reduce the time of systemic therapy. Often, especially in chronic processes, use physioprocedures. If conservative treatment is not enough, then surgery is used.
So, there are the following inflammatory diseases:
- pelvic peritoneum (pelvioperitonitis);
- fallopian tubes and ovaries (salpingoophoritis or adnexitis);
- ovaries (oophoritis);
- the uterine mucosa (endometritis);
- Fallopian tubes (salpingitis);
- mucosa in the cervical canal (endocervicitis);
- external genitalia (vulvitis);
- cervix (cervicitis);
- the vagina (colpitis);
- glands on the eve of the vagina (bartholinitis).
Thus, inflammatory diseases of the genitals are quite common. They must be timely diagnosed and treated, otherwise they cause serious consequences.