I forgot my phone password. What to do?
Today's mobile phone is an indispensable attribute of our life. In addition to the notebook, the phone user stores a lot of other information on the device's memory.
In order to secure data, there ispassword and pin code, which is assigned to each SIM card. Only thanks to the pin code you can access your account or personal information. It happens that either we inadvertently or some of our acquaintances block the device, or we completely forget the coveted combination of numbers, after which the use of the telephone turns into a painful occupation, because the restoration of the password or pin-code is not always as simple as it seemed would.
For example, if you lose a pin code from yourbank card is an irreversible process, because the information about the password is initially given only in one hand - you, the bank does not have this confidential information, so the only way out is to issue a new card tied to your checking account. For more details about PIN-codes of bank cards, see our article What to do if I forgot the pin code.
In case the situation with codes and passwords can be corrected, we will describe various methods for recovering the PIN code of your SIM card and methods for recovering the password of your cell phone.
Pin pin recovery
When buying a SIM card from any operator, youautomatically get pin- and puk-codes. Try also to save the entire attached package of documents when buying a sim card, where you will have a personal code and a spare puk code.
- A PIN code is entered each time you turn on your phone. There are, as a rule, three attempts to enter the PIN code on your mobile device, for the 4th time the card is blocked.
- To restore the pin, you will needpuk code. The Puk code is for unlocking the SIM card when the PIN code is incorrectly entered. It contains 8 digits, and to dial it when there are 10 attempts. If you enter the incorrect puk code 10 times, your card is blocked completely, and you need to purchase a new one.
- If you do not remember your puk code or paper withinformation on it is lost, you need to contact your network operator. Note that different operators have different reasons for blocking SIM cards. For more information about the reasons for locking and how to fix this problem, see How to unlock the SIM card. For more details on how to restore the puk code, please read our article. How to find out the PUK code of MTS.
Phone password recovery
Protecting your phone with a password that only the owner knows is a reliable way, but you can forget it. The following are ways to restore your mobile phone password:
- The first way is to reset all phone settings,in other words - resetting the firmware. All the default settings will be restored to the factory settings, as if you just purchased your mobile device.
- Another option for password recovery -flashing the mobile device - a complete reinstallation of the phone's operating system. This operation can be performed by contacting the service center or independently with the help of special software (the installation disk that comes with your phone).
For all the main types of locking your phone, see our article How to unlock your phone.
How best to store codes and passwords
- Store codes and passwords, of course, in the first placeit is better in the head, but sometimes the memory fails us, in such a case, start a special notebook or notebook, where you write out neatly the pin code and puk code from the SIM card or the password of your cell phone.
- Another option - you can print passwords and store in a place inaccessible to prying eyes.
- If you want to store passwords on a PC, then you need to create a disguised file, whether it's a notepad or a Word document.
- Some believe that storing information,which contains your passwords and codes, is not safe in the open, so there are special programs for storing such information. For example, WMkeeper or 1password.