How to whiten things at home: life hacking on the bleaching of washed-up, yellowed, grayed, painted white and colored things from synthetics, cotton, wool and flax. Rules for washing white things
White clothes always look stylish and elegant. But it only gets dirty unusually quickly. Therefore, the question of whitening white things will always be relevant. Many variants of bleaching have been invented, but it is worth knowing which method can be applied to a particular fabric with different degrees of contamination.
The main thing in the article
How and how to quickly whiten white things at home?
In addition to the methods described below, there are those used by our grandmothers.
- Boiling. Pour the powder into the enamel container, after boiling, “boil” the laundry for about half an hour. Turn it over from time to time to evenly bleach.
- During the co-wash, synthetic and wool may give the cotton a gray tint. Therefore, it is not necessary to combine them.
- So that the fabric of white things remains strong and does not tear,perform bleaching procedures once every 3-4 washes.
- Soften the running water with baking soda, so the linen will not be subject to gray bloom, and the washing machine - breakdowns and scaling.
- Pre-soaking will greatly facilitate washing.
- Try putting a few tennis balls in the washing machine drum.. This will provide an additional impact on the fabric. Moreover, the powder must pour a lot less.
- Soak the thing in water, acidified with 1 tbsp. l lemon juice. Hold for two hours, then wash. Citric acid can also be used as an alternative.
- If the canvas is covered with single spots, then the pointDampen them with fresh lemon juice.top with powder and rub well. Send to the machine to rub off with other light things, citrus juice will enhance the effect of the powder.
- If the white thing is soiled with fat - lock it,mixing powder and dishwashing detergentin equal amounts. This mixture should not be left on things for more than 10 minutes. It is potent and can damage tissue.
How to whiten washed out things at home?
Before use homemade methods bleaching expensive – spend testing a little plot.
worth it to count, highly the old battered thing will acquire the former novelty and snow white . periodically support normal state whites tissue bleaching method quite perhaps.
How to whiten the yellowed thing at home?
There are some interesting anti-yellowing agents, referring to which, it would be difficult to assume that they can be applied for this purpose.
- Soda Ashwill help make white flax. Place the soda in the machine and set the mode to over 60 degrees.
- Bleach "Persol"copes with yellowness.Its systematic addition during the washing of cotton and linen products will eliminate the gray and yellowness.
- You can leave the thing soaked indiluted washing powder and "Persi".
- Helps brighten fabricsorrel acid solution. In the spring it is full of natural markets, so you can try this way.
- If the unpleasant yellow color thing got from sweat, then fix will be a little difficult.
- To do this, useaspirin: wipe two tablets into chalk and dilute with water. Apply the contents to the yellowed areas and wait a few hours. Then wash.
How to bleach grayed things at home?
First by deed necessary consider, which one fabrics made .
- For example, tulles, curtains, wipes made of guipure can be bleached.pharmacy peroxide and ammonia. These substances are present in the first-aid kit of each family.
- To do this, in 5 liters of hot water is diluted in 1 tbsp. l each solution. Leave the laundry in the water for 30 minutes.
- Whiteness can be applied to gray cottonor chlorine-containing agents. To do this, pour a bleaching agent in the dosage indicated on the pack in a separate compartment of the washing machine.
- Put in the machine the mode of enhanced rinsing and preparatory washing.
- For synthetics, table salt will be an alternative.. At half a liter of water - a spoonful of salt and mountain.
- Leave gray socks in the lock with 1 tbsp. l boric acid. The result will surprise you.
How to whiten a painted thing at home?
- white «borrowed» alien shade - The situation is not very good.Such a it happens, when whites colorful erased together. Also, if you accidentally forgot to get the contents of the pockets, which also "gave" color.
- The stores are full of tools that will help to remove the dye from the white thing, but strictly follow the instructions and wash with gloves.
- If the fabric is cotton - any type of bleach will do.
- For home usegood whiteness- dilute the amount of product in water, as recommended on the package. First wash the thing, and then soak in whiteness for half an hour-hour. Pay special attention to rinsing, rinse the fabric thoroughly.
- Use household soap shavings.. It can be easily grind grated. Boil the cotton in a soapy solution for about an hour.
- If the white thing is painted with paint, then try to bring it out.thinner or nail polish remover. Then wash the cloth as usual.
How to whiten things with white at home?
Whiteness is a very powerful chlorine-based bleach.It can be used for fabrics of dense texture, it can damage fragile and delicate materials.
Be sure to use gloves to work with white, and if possible - and a mask.
- For washing colored things, this tool will not work, it will simply “vyest” color.
- Basically, whitening is subject to whiteness.clothes made of cotton and linen, rarely synthetic. In any case, you need to carefully examine the conditions of use on the label, whether there are any restrictions.
- When hand washing cotton or flax, dilute the powder or liquid whiteness in water. Proportions, see the instructions.
- Soak the cloth in the solution for an hour, if the water is cold, 20 minutes - if it is warm. Hot water can not be used. Rinse thoroughly after washing.
- The use of whiteness in the washing machine is extremely undesirable.. Can damage the internal parts of the machine. The instruction manual should indicate if it is possible to use chlorine for a particular model.
Laundry soap for bleaching things at home
- Fill overnight with cold running water.. No additional funds should be diluted in water.
- Take the soap with the largest percentage of concentration (72%),lather things, fill them with boiling water, stir the foam and leave to sour for another hour.
- After the time, wash the laundry manually.
To remove stains from sweat and eliminate its smell, do the following:
- Mix one-third glass of ammonia with 3 tbsp. l crushed alkaline soap and two liters of slightly warmed water.
- Soak the laundry in the prepared emulsion as long as possible, and then rinse it well.
How to whiten things with potassium permanganate?
How to whiten things with ammonia?
Boric acid for bleaching things
Whitening things with sunflower oil
- Pour into enamelled bucket.water and boil.
- Pour in theretwo or three spoons of vegetable oil, about a glass of laundry detergent, a quarter glass of bleach.
- Mix everything well and send the laundry there for a long time, cover with a lid. It is better to start this business for the night.
- The washing process is already underway.Vegetable oil helps chemical washing substances penetrate better into fabric fibers.
- After ten hours (and longer), wash and rinse the laundry.
How to whiten things with vinegar at home?
Vinegar in the process of washing has such useful properties:
How to whiten things at home with peroxide?
Hydrogen peroxide- very affordable medicine and good bleach.
So, removing the unnecessary shade from the white thing acts sparingly, without an aggressive impact on the fibers of the fabrics.
Initially, wash the thing just with the powder. So it will be clearly seen what spots to remove. Non-persistent contaminants should be removed.Next, proceed to the purification process:
- Pour hot water into a large basin, the temperature should be 70-80 degrees. This temperature is suitable for rough cotton things.
- 10 liters of water - 3 tbsp. l peroxide and ammonia solution.
- Soak things for half an hour.
- Wash and rinse thoroughly. Rinse finish with cold water.
For more fragile natural fibers, the water should be barely warm. Then it is better to extend the soaking process to several hours, and enrich the solution with salt and detergent.
How to whiten things at home soda?
Sodium bicarbonate in tandem with ammonia solutionable to rid white things of stubborn stains, or else completely return them a snow-white look.
- On a liter of water - a spoon of soda, a little ammonia, and all is well dissolved.
- Leave to soak the laundry for as long as possible.
- Wash away the remnants of the composition and rinse clothes under running water.
How to whiten a synthetic thing at home?
To eliminate stains from white synthetic things, prepare the following paste:
- Mixalcohol and tartaric acidin equal amounts.
- Add to themcitric acidin the ratio of 1: 1: 0.4.
- Apply the mixture to the dirt and leave for ten minutes, then wash.
- Fresh fat stains are easy to clean.not only salt, but alsoin chalk. Rub the chalk into the stain, and after an hour or two, clean the thing with a brush.
- Soaking the cloth inmilk or dairy product,can get rid ofink stains.
- Rusty marktry to removewrapping lemon in cheesecloth or bandage, pressing down the resulting “compress” to the fabric with an iron.
How to whiten a cotton thing?
- For bleaching cotton things, all the methods described in this article will do. But, besides them, you canapply the following:
- Soak the laundry in milkand leave for a couple of hours, then wash. This procedure will also make the thing soft without any air conditioning.
- Soften the running water with borax solutionthat will significantly prevent yellowing of the fabric.
- If possiblepost washing outdoors, under the influence of the sun, it will become just dazzling.
How to bleach a woolen thing at home?
Things from wool under the influence of time become yellowish. thereforebleaching solutionpreparing the following:
Wool is very delicate in its texture, so gently bleaching it will helpmustard powder.
- Take 2 tbsp. l Mustard powder and pour two liters of boiling water.
- Wait a few hours for the mustard to infuse and settle.
- Drain the water in a separate container.
- Repeat the procedure with the same mustard a second time.
- Wash things in settled mustard water, as always.
- All these techniques are suitable for silk products.
How to whiten colored things at home?
Often whitening needs white things with a color pattern, what to do then?
- One of the options:you can resort to the same whiteness, citric acid, peroxideand so on, you just have to be very careful.
- Prepare the bleach solution in one of the ways outlined above.
- Then a cotton swab or justcotton apply it on the white part of the thing. Everything will depend on the scale of the color pattern.You can use the spray.
- If, for example, you bleach a dress, thenput cellophane inside,so that the bleach does not hook on the colored part of the pattern on the second side of the thing.
- After a while, wash the product.
How to whiten the things of the newborn at home?
For washing children's clothes fit the same nicely-known.peroxide. For young mothers, this is a real salvation. Since the product does not contain chemical detergents, this eliminates the appearance of allergic reactions in a child.
- For this, it is not necessary to pre-soak the thing.
- Prepare a solution of peroxide, ammonia and water in the proportions previously indicated.
- Sponge on the stain and leave for 40 minutes. Then rinse.
How to erase white things?
It is better to prevent the problem than to fix it later. Here are some simple tips that will explain how to erase white things to preserve their snow-white look initially:
- Before washingneed to sort clothesby separating the white thing from the color. Moreover, you still need to take into account the type of fabric.
- Keep your washing machine safe. When the drain is clogged, things are poorly rinsed out and spots are formed on them.
- Do not neglect the means that help soften the water.
- Following these simple recommendations, you will manage to keep the snow-white look of clothes and things of home interior.
The white thing is always fashionable and relevant. And if for some reason she has lost her radiant appearance, do not rush to get rid of her or hide in a distant drawer. Use our bleaching tips and enjoy the whiteness of your favorite product.