How to use a Bosch dishwasher: the rules and nuances of operation
Virtually any instruction to the items of modern household appliances can begin with the words: “Well, broke?” Indeed, we rarely begin acquaintance with even complex equipment with reading the operating manual, because it is written difficult for the perception of the language and without taking into account many nuances .
Let's figure out how to use a Bosch dishwasher, together.
How to start operation?
Dishwasher buy in order to facilitate the work of the hostess and to ensure a reasonable water savings. In order not to prepare for yourself any unpleasant surprises from the very beginning, the installation and connection of this home appliance should be entrusted to specialists.
So, the machine is placed in its designated place, and the water supply and drainage are connected. Now you can proceed to its operation.
Why do I need a “blank” launch?
Bosch, like a number of other manufacturers of household appliances, strongly recommends a test run of the dishwasher.
Make a "idle" start is necessary for the following reasons:
- should be removed accidentally preserved on the parts of the product lubricants, as well as dust and litter trapped inside;
- we get the opportunity to check how well the machine is installed, assess the rate of water inflow, the level of its heating, see how the entire process of work proceeds, including the stages of draining and drying
- in identifying problems, it is possible to eliminate them at the stage of test washing, eliminating time-consuming unloading of dishes.
We know that with a conventional wash, special equipment is indispensable, but a test run in this sense is no exception.
You will need special salt and other detergents included in the starter kit., which buyers usually offer to purchase with a dishwasher.
First start algorithm
What we need to know about the operating conditions of the purchased equipment is the level of water hardness in the region where it will work.
You are lucky with Bosch machines: customers of this company's products do not need to be guided by their own experience in determining stiffness, as well as resorting to popular methods.
The range of models of this brand includes test strips for determining stiffness.You just need to lower the paper strip with reagents applied to its surface into the water for just a couple of seconds.
And then compare it with the table attached by the manufacturer. By completing these simple manipulations, you will be ready for a trial run of your purchase.
The startup procedure is quite simple. Successively perform the following actions:
- open the carpulling on her door;
- push the bottom basketto secure access to the lid that covers the tank for the water softening salt;
- unscrew the cap, pour water into the tank and pour special salt into itfrom the starter kit;
- tighten the tank lidand remove water that could have poured into the chamber while salt was being added;
- now on the control panelset salt consumptiontaking into account the previously determined water hardness.
Let's add some explanations. Please note that the water in the salt tank is poured only once - before the first start. It should be poured to the top.
Salt is filled with a special funnel (or watering can), which is usually included in the kit. If there is no watering can, use a regular cup. It is necessary to fill up the salt until it becomes visible through the filler hole.
The water displaced during the backfilling process should not confuse you: it should be so. After the tank cover is closed, wipe out the displaced water thoroughly. It should not be inside the camera.
It remains to check whether the water supply valve is open, after which you can start the work process. To visualize the whole sequence of actions, watch the video that we posted at the bottom of this article.
Suitable dishwashing detergents
Dishwasher users should buy a starter kit, which they usually offer along with the main purchase.
It is possible to separately purchase rinse aid, detergents in tablets or a special powder, as well as salt to soften tap water, which we have already spoken.
The advantage of starting kits for beginners is that they already have everything you need.
In addition, they include products of one commodity producer, which allows us to hope that their components are not only perfectly compatible, but also successfully complement each other.
Often the purchase of a set will be cheaper than the purchase of its components, sold separately from each other.
In addition to the three indispensable components, for effective washing, flavors and agents can be used to help clean the car of grease and debris. As a rule, they are bought as they are needed.
Water softener salt
For good washing dishes should be applied soft water, with a low content of calcium salts. If hard water is not softened, traces of scale build up over time.
Salt allows you to bring water to a state in which the results of the work of the equipment please its owner.
What tools can I use?
In Bosch machines, you can use any detergent that is on sale today. It can be:
- compressed tablets;
The only restriction that should be strictly observed: it must be special substances intended for loading into dishwashers. Do not use chemicals for washing dishes in manual mode.
Depending on the composition of their components, there are three types of dishwashing detergents:
- with chlorine and phosphates;
- without chlorine, but with phosphates;
- without phosphates and without chlorine.
In the absence of phosphates in the composition of the product, a white coating may form on the walls of the chamber and on the dishes itself.. To avoid such consequences, it is necessary to increase the consumption of detergent.
Lack of chlorine will not provide the desired effect if the dishes need to be bleached. Dark plaque on the cups and gray plastic - this may be the result of the absence of chlorine.
The situation will save the washing of increased intensity or an increase in the consumption of detergent.
Why do I need a rinse?
When using a rinse aid that enters the chamber at the final stage of washing, water droplets do not leave marks on the dishes.
If you do not use this drug in the process of the machine, then after drying on glassware there will be unaesthetic leaks. In addition, it is high-quality rinse provides a shine clean dishes.
The amount of rinse can be changed depending on the need.If this liquid was not enough, you can see white bloom on the plates, they will be dull. In this case, the dose is increased.
An excess of the drug will manifest in rainbow stains on pans. In addition, they will be sticky to the touch. Then reduce the dose.
There are combined drugs that are called "three in one." They contain all three of the above components.
The disadvantage of such funds is the inability to adjust the salt content, as recommended by Bosch manufacturers.
Too hard water worsens the quality of washing, and too soft water contributes to glass corrosion: calcium is washed out of its composition.
If you are going to wash silverware, then you must use specially designed detergents for this purpose.. Others will not work.
The order of loading of detergents and which compartments of the cuvette located on the inner surface of the door are filled with, you can see in the commercials that we offer you to watch. They are in the last part of the article.
Rules for loading dishes
There is a basic rule for all Bosch dishwashers. In the chamber of the unit there are sprayer-arms, through the nozzles of which liquid is poured onto the dishes.
So, cups and plates in the boxes should be placed so that their presence in the immediate vicinity of the nozzles would not hurt them to rotate. Do not block the opening valve of the cuvette with detergent.
Before loading the cooking utensils into the cooking chamber, make sure that all items can be washed in dishwashers. It is better to wash dishes that do not tolerate exposure to high temperatures by hand.
We are talking about objects covered with glaze, porcelain, antiques and rare books, as well as articles made of bronze, tin, aluminum, brass and copper.
Ensure that large food waste is removed. If the soaking option is provided in the machine, then it can be used to wash large pans.
If soaking is absent, the remnants of food from the surfaces are removed with a brush.It is bought in household goods stores.
To improve the efficiency of washing, in full accordance with the instructions for the brand's machines, you can hold cutlery and other dishes in hot water under pre-treatment. The fat on the surfaces will be sodden and it will be easier to wash it off.
For the correct placement of dishes inside the chamber are provided loading boxes (baskets).
Using telescopic guides and systemsRackmaticthe box can be moved and pushed forward so that it is more convenient to place in it everything that needs to be washed. Even in the case of complete filling of the boxes, you can not worry: they will not turn over.
Depending on the number of mobile and folding elements, there are three types of boxes:
- Vario Flex;
- Vario Flex Plus.
The last in this list boxes are equipped with additional protection for fragile dishes that need careful handling. In particular, 12 glasses with high legs are placed on additional shelves of the lower box.
It turns out that in these models, the total number of simultaneously washing glasses can reach 18 pieces.
Depending on the specific model of the dishwasher, utensils in it can be loaded in two or three levels. The third level is designed to accommodate cutlery, as well as items of non-standard sizes.
SystemRackmatichelps to properly position the box height. After all, competent loading of dishes allows moisture to wash it from all sides as evenly as possible.
For fixing glasses and cups, holders intended for them should be used.
By manipulating the holders, you can make the basket deeper or adapt it to accommodate large items in it: saucepans and stewpots.
The order of use of baskets, changes in their location and types of loading are contained in the instruction manual for the particular model you have chosen.We recommend to study this part as carefully as possible.
Modes of washing and drying
Dishwashing programs performed by Bosch dishwashers are divided into:
- with preliminary rinsing.
The programs are designed taking into account the type of dishes, the materials from which it is made, as well as the type and intensity of contaminants present on it.
Each of the available programs takes into account the following factors regarding the washing procedure:
- water temperature;
- the duration of the process;
- volume of water consumption;
- type of detergent used;
- mechanical impact method.
When performing standard programs, the duration of the wash and the temperature of the water are predetermined parameters. For each type of dishes, taking into account the degree of pollution, there is a program.
Standard modes include delicate, eco-friendly programs and intensive washing.
For the implementation of automatic programs there are various temperature ranges.. The machine determines the water consumption, the duration of the work and the temperature of washing within the prescribed range independently, based on the indications of water sensors.
For example, reacting to the degree of contamination of dishes, the machine can increase or decrease the number of rinses.
Programs that include, for example, soaking, effectively complement the basic washing algorithms. This is the realization of additional features of Bosch technology.
For example, if the dishes were just used, it can be washed in an accelerated mode in just 29 minutes.
Novation can be called a programTurbo speed-20min. Its use allows you to wash the dishes even for 20 minutes. Such a program will help the hostess, if several times during the short time period the table is set to have the same items.
There are additional options that greatly facilitate the life of the hostess and help her out in extreme situations. They extend the capabilities of existing programs.
- Timer.With the help of a timer, the start of washing can be postponed for any time period in the range from one to 24 hours.
- Hygiene.If additional hygienic processing of dishes is necessary, it can be carried out by extending the last phase of the cycle and raising the temperature of its passage.
- Vario Speed.It is possible to accelerate the passage of the program without losing the quality of the final result, forcing both the spray arm of the fluid to work simultaneously. This option is in variations.Vario Speed PlusAvailable in premium units. At the same time, the work time is reduced by 66%.
- Half load.If the camera is only half loaded, this nuance should be taken into account, respectively, reducing the cost of water and detergents.
- Intense zone.The option allows you to do the washing up in the lower box more intensely. In other levels, the program will run in the main mode. Using this option, you can simultaneously handle a contaminated pan and fragile glasses.
- Shine & Dry.New option for wine glasses and glassware. Due to the additional rinsing, the increase in the volume of the rinse and the long drying, the glass gains an incredible shine.
If such an option is provided in the manual for your model, then at the first stage of the machine’s operation, you can add a forgotten object to it, temporarily interrupting the sink.
To put the machine in standby mode, gently open the door.After it is closed, the program executed by the machine will automatically continue.
Completion of work will be marked with a sound and light (beam on the floor) signal.Unload box taken, starting from the bottom of the basket. At the same time, the drops that may remain in the upper baskets will not spoil the appearance of the objects located below.
If you follow the requirements stated by the commodity producer, your unit will serve you for a long time.
What problems can you fix yourself?
If the Bosch dishwasher is out of order, you should contact your nearest service center for assistance. But sometimes the damage is so insignificant that it does not make sense to involve specialists to fix it.
The unit independently controls the health of its own systems and, in the event of a malfunction, displays an error code on the display.. The meaning of the codes can be found in the instructions for your machine.
Tell about those that can be eliminated on their own:
- E4- There is a problem with the flow switch. Such an error may occur when the hose is clogged. If the hoses are checked and the display is still E4, contact the service.
- E6- there were problems with the aqua sensor responsible for the recognition of the level of contamination of dishes. This error is typical for the model.Bosch Silence Plus. It appears when an intensive washing program is selected for dishes with minor soiling.
- E15- included akvastop, that is, there was a reaction to the leakage of water. Check all hoses and correct the problem.
- E17- An error occurred pouring fluid. This situation may occur if there is an increased pressure in the place where the water supply to the dishwasher is connected.
- E24- A signal that the waste water does not merge badly or does not merge at all. The cause may be clogging of the drain, which will have to be cleaned, or clogging of the hose. Perhaps the hose is simply pinched.
- E27- deteriorated power supply due to voltage drop in the power grid. The cause of the phenomenon may be the peak load on the network.If you install a voltage regulator, this type of trouble can be avoided.
Quite often it happens that the machine does not turn on. Most likely, there was a problem with connecting to the network. Check fuse; replace if fused.
It is possible that the dishwasher is locked. Be sure to close the washing chamber door well. Check for sprinkler nozzles, water supply hoses and drain filters.
Necessary technical care
In order for any mechanism to be in excellent working condition for a long time, it must be properly maintained.
Bosch high-tech and modern dishwashers also need maintenance.. The state of their individual devices should be constantly monitored.
You can find comprehensive information on caring for your particular model of Bosch dishwasher in the instructions for this unit.
- Rocker arm.Scale or grease found on their surfaces is a reason to start an intensive washing cycle without loading, but with detergents.
- Filters.The condition of the filters should be checked after each working cycle. Large contaminants are removed, and crayons that clog pores are washed off with hot water from the tap. If this is not done, contamination can cause a blockage of the drain pump. A repair unit will require money and time.
- Sprinklers.So that the quality of washing does not begin to deteriorate, the sprinklers must be periodically removed and rinsed with hot running water from leftover food and from scale.
If you strictly comply with all requirements and operating conditions prescribed by the manufacturer, the life of your equipment will be as long as possible and effective.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
The first launch of a new dishwasher in the “idle” mode is a responsible task. You are given the opportunity for the first time to check both the quality of its installation and the operation of its devices.
So that you can visualize how the first launch should occur, please familiarize yourself with this video.
We offer you a video on the Bosch dishwasher. You will see the principles of operation of different devices of the machine, get acquainted with its appearance and get an idea of how the unit operates.
In this article, we did not aim to completely replace with our descriptions the manual for your machine. After allmodels produced by the remarkable brand Bosch, a great many. And each has its own characteristics. Our task is to arouse your interest in this technique and in the manual, which describes its capabilities and operation nuances..