How to stop being ashamed of yourself and become confident
The site "Mom can do everything!" Gathered practical tips on how to stop being shy and become a self-confident woman.
Most people want their lives to become better and more comfortable with each passing year, and the feeling of shyness seriously slows down as we go along this path. In the 18th and 19th centuries, this was a quiet, measured pace of life, and in the 21st century it flows much more energetic and insecure people find it rather difficult to climb the career ladder quickly, and take "tasty" career posts. Yes, and for personal life shyness is very harmful, a person is shy to get acquainted with the representative of the opposite sex. Only one conclusion, having developed confidence in you, you will reach great career heights and with your personal life will be easier. It is advisable to start training confidence quickly, from shyness in life is absolutely no use, especially when you remember what you missed because of it in life!
The origins of shyness
In the overwhelming majority of cases, the roots of shyness stretch from childhood or adolescence, at such an age, a person still has an immature psyche and he is close to the “heart” perceives criticism in his direction. It often happens that an awkward situation that an adult would not pay any attention to, in the child's imagination, swells up into a huge problem. Most of the people in their childhood had a lot of negative moments, which they later safely forgot as they matured. The only problem is that some people overly emotionally close perceived small problems in their childhood, and even after several decades they remember the feeling of awkwardness that was experienced.
Quite often, adolescents suffer from various complexes and this is the reason. Children, by their nature, are maximalists, divide everything into black and white, and from this flows their cruel statements and actions towards their peers, who are somewhat different from them. This is especially evident in 12-14 years, in children at this time hormonal changes in the body begin and it is even harder for them to control their emotions than usual.In most cases, ridicule and cruel jokes are directed at defects in the appearance of their peers. If a teenager will long fall for such mockery, shyness can develop in him and in the future it will be quite difficult for him to make new acquaintances.
Over time, shyness in some people disappears. A person grows up, becomes emotionally more stable, stronger mentally and communication with people does not cause him any psychological discomfort. The only problem is that this is not the case with all people; for some, this character trait intensifies due to negative life circumstances.
The development of self-confidence
Every person can become more confident, you just have to follow certain principles in life:
- Clearly understand for yourself what you like in life and try to devote time to it. Determine the boundaries of your comfort zone and try not to go out for them. When a team insists on doing something, and you don’t like it, show firmness and abandon it if it is not part of your work duties.
- Confidence is also well trained, setting a meaningful goal for yourself and its achievement in spite of any obstacles.After reaching a couple of important goals, you will feel self-confident, your discipline will increase, your character will become stronger. All this will lead to the fact that you can do what you previously did not allow shyness.
- A man at work spends a huge part of his life. Constantly develop your professionalism. Knowing your business thoroughly, you will feel confidently at work every day, and this will strengthen your psyche, and you will be easier to perceive all sorts of adversities in life.
- Most people have complexes, so there’s no need to worry too much about their own. React to awkward situations with positive. Complexes in a person often becomes less when he laughs at them to himself.
- For any person, first of all, he and his problems are important, so if you created an awkward situation, no one will strive to remember it specifically, so that you can constantly “get it”.
Practical tips for self-confidence training
Professional psychologists to get rid of shyness give such tips:
- Find among your friends or acquaintances a confident enough person and watch how he behaves in different situations.Seen will allow you to draw conclusions on how to behave confident person.
- Develop interpersonal skills, going home from work every day, ask more than five people what time it is.
- Sign up for a foreign language course. Communicating with strangers you will gradually get rid of your shyness before new acquaintances.
- Find among your friends more shy than you. Constantly giving him support and cheering, you yourself will change for the better.