How to quit smoking in a day?
Smoking is a scourge of modern civilization. Currently, many smoke, even women and adolescents. As they say, the world of smokers is divided into three big categories: those who experience the pleasure of smoking, those who have got into the habit and throw they do not want, and those who really decided to get rid of this addiction. For them - our next article.
It is fully manifested only whena person is aware of the destructive effect of tobacco on his body. Smoking also has a bad impact not only on the quantity, but also on the quality of life. And to this day (around the end of the 19th century), doctors all over the world are telling their patients about this, urging them to quit smoking. But is it as simple as it seems at first glance?
This alkaloid, which is contained in Solanaceousplants. In large quantities - in tobacco, in smaller quantities - in eggplants, tomatoes, potatoes. Accumulation occurs in the leaves. There the drug is sometimes up to 5%! As a neurotoxin and alkaloid, it causes addiction in humans, forms a strong nicotine addiction. That's why it's so difficult to quit smoking in one day.
Another reason for the difficulties -psychological dependence, which sometimes is stronger than physiological. A person in difficult moments reaches for a cigarette, linking the ensuing feeling of relaxation with the removal of stress and tension. And what are the only smoke breaks at work, which sometimes turn into real forums!
How to quit smoking for the day after all?
Those who have already decided on the decision to endone of the most pernicious habits of a person (without any exaggeration), can adopt several of the following tips, which will greatly facilitate the process at first.
- Motivate yourself. Read a few books, which talk about the unconditional harm of smoking, review several video materials, auto-trainings, authoring programs. Motivation is a great thing! It is very important not to succumb to the desire to smoke in the first hours of the throw.
- Another factor is material. Imagine (you can even estimate on a piece of paper) how much money you will save on buying cigarettes per month, per year, for ten years. Figures should impress!
- On the first day of giving up cigarettes, usemedical drugs that relieve cravings for nicotine. It can be special plasters, chewing gum, which are sold in abundance in pharmacies. Tinctures on herbs are also good. Remember - you have one task: to hold out until the evening and do not smoke.
- Suck hard candies, gnaw seeds. Monotony of this process distracts from smoking. In addition, it will help "seize" the desire to smoke.
- You can also take a preliminary acupuncture course with a specialist or a course of hypnosis. Breathing exercises that purify the lungs help.
And most importantly, all these above methods are effective only when a person is clearly determined to quit smoking and firmly decided to lead a healthy lifestyle.