How to put a laminate?
Watch the video
Laminate flooring looks very impressive andcan give the room a more solid and stylish look. In addition to the fact that the laminate looks good almost always, it has a number of advantages. The laminate is easy to assemble, it does not need to be sanded, it can also be coated with varnish or oil. It is not as expensive as parquet, but more durable than linoleum. It is easy to take care of the laminate - just wipe it with a damp cloth, every time it is necessary, which will please every mistress.
To properly put the laminate yourself, you will need a number of necessary tools:
- In order to speed up the process, use a jigsaw, also a hand saw or a wood hacksaw.
- Still need a hammer, glue, chisel, knife, tape, roulette and a simple pencil.
Where it is possible to lay a laminate
Keep in mind, the laminate is spoiled by water. It is not suitable for rooms with high humidity. For example, it can not be laid in the bathroom, bathrooms, saunas, swimming pools and similar premises. It is not necessary to use a laminate if you want to make warm floors, since it is not possible to turn on electric heating for all the power - the coating is not resistant to high temperatures. Especially this applies to a certain type of laminate, which is mounted with glue.
How to prepare a laminate
After you purchased the laminate and broughthim in the room, let him lie down for a while. If you bought a laminate on hot or frosty days, then it can not be laid immediately, let it cool or warm to room temperature 1-2 days. Also there is one more nuance - do not store the laminate in an upright position, it can lose shape, because of this it will be very difficult to lay it.
How to prepare the floor
Before you get started, you need toprepare the floor. So, the basic rule - the surface on which the laminate will lie, should be flat. If it is a wooden floor, then you need to get rid of all kinds of cracks, deflections, check the places where the boards publish an unpleasant scratch and have a "walk" property. " In a word, make the floor as hard and durable as possible.
If you have a concrete floor in your apartment, then the requirementwill be similar. It is important that the surface is flat. In order to check the plane of the floor, use the level. Those places where there will be irregularities, fill with a self-leveling mixture. With this simple method, you make the floor perfectly smooth. Also need to get rid of concrete chips and other debris with a vacuum cleaner. We will not consider in more detail how to level the floor now, since we have prepared an article for you. How to level the floor for a laminate.
When the floor surface is ready, spread outon it a special substrate - foamed polyethylene. The substrate is necessary for cushioning, waterproofing, soundproofing and thermal insulation, and it will hide minor unevenness of the floor. By the way, you can not cover the entire floor with a substrate at once, but cover only small areas as you lay the laminate - it will be more convenient and easier to work in this way.
How to lay laminate with your own hands
First you need to choose the direction of laying the laminate. So, how best to do this:
- If the window is only on one side of the room, then the laying of the laminate should be done along the direction of the sun's rays, this will make the joints between the boards less noticeable.
- Lay the laminate can be along the wall and diagonally the floor angle of 30-40 degrees.
- You can lay laminate from any corner of the room. But it is most convenient to start from the far left corner.
So, take the boards and lay a series along the wall. When the first row is finished, we proceed to another, and so on.
Cut off the boards at the beginning of the next raced. Or do it through a series. Keep in mind that because of this, the drawing will be slightly different from if you used only whole boards. But in this way you will save on consumables.
What to look for
- Be careful that there are no slots between the boardsand gaps. If there are any, then take a hammer and a wooden plank and lightly tap along the gap, adjusting the laminate boards under each other.
- It is necessary to insert small wedges between a wall and a laminate - 7-15 mm. Use a jigsaw to cut out the laminate boards under the batteries and other obstacles for laying the boards in the room.
- Lay laminate flooring can only be done with a certainrange of temperatures - from +15 to +30 degrees. If the temperature is below +15, then approximately 15 mm should be left between the wall and the laminate, and if higher than +30, then 5 mm. If the seam is done more than it should be, then there is the possibility that laminate boards can get out from under the baseboard, and if you do not leave any stitches at all, then the laminate can, as they say, stand up as a hump.
How to fasten laminate boards
There are two types of mounting laminate boards among themselves: Click and Lock locks.
- Click means a collapsible mount. Lay laminate should be from the far left corner of the room. We take laminate boardsand we insert them with a groove of the end sidefriend. The angle should be about 45 degrees. After the second row is ready, it must be attached to the first, and so on. To do this, you will need the help of a partner. It will be necessary to lift the panels and insert them into the ridge of the previous row, observing the angle of 45 degrees and slightly press so that the lock snaps into place.
- Lock "Lock" is a lock-latch. With laminate boards of this type will need to work, resorting to the help of a hammer. The boards are hammered into each other by tapping this tool. After the first row is laid, the second will need to start with a half board. The elements are joined horizontally, inserting a stud into the groove. Rows are interconnected in a similar way. The ends should be joined by hammering.
How to lay glue laminate
Glue laminate has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- This kind of laminate has a longer service life, because the glue between the boards prevents moisture from entering.
- But keep in mind that the glue laminate boards can not be reused, and the floor can only be used 10-12 hours after laying.
We begin to lay the laminate
So, on the ends of panels it is necessary to putwater-repellent glue, then join the laminate boards using the "tongue-groove" method. Do not save on glue. Do not use PVA or any other glue on a water basis, because it can cause a blistering of the laminate. Use only special glue, which can be purchased at the building store immediately when buying a laminate. In general, the principle of laying glue laminate practically does not differ from the previous two.
Let's see how to install a laminate in stages:
- First we lay the first row of boards, and on the edge of the end groove we apply glue. Then we insert the following boards and punch themhammer for better grip. Excess glue wipe with a damp cloth.
- When the first 3-4 rows are laid, it is worth waiting for the glue to dry. This can take 2-2.5 hours. After that you can continue to work.
- When everything is finished, do not forget to remove the spacer wedges, and the gaps between the wall and the laminate will need to be closed with a plinth.