How to make liqueur?
It so happened that the liquor is considered to be a purely "ladies' drink." It is sweet, medium in strength (alcohol content). More information about what liquor is, you can learn in our section Liqueurs.
Prepare this pleasant taste of alcoholyou can drink at home. Various kinds of liqueurs are prepared on the basis of berry or fruit infusions, milk, eggs, spices, coffee, etc. As an alcoholic base, purified high-quality alcohol of high concentration or other strong alcoholic beverage (whiskey, cognac, etc.) is taken. Below, the most successful recipes for liqueur preparation will be offered.
Recipe for cooking homemade liquor
There are many recipes for how to make a homemade liqueur. For example, a very popular egg liqueur, to prepare it you need the following ingredients
- Egg yolks - 5 pieces;
- Sugar powder - 150 g;
- Cream - 300 g;
- Vanilla sugar - 1 packet (1 tsp);
- Vodka or food (40%) alcohol - 180 ml (one glass).
- to separate the yolks from proteins;
- yolks mixed with powder, vanilla sugar and beat with a whisk or blender, holding over a steam bath for about 10 minutes - should be a magnificent mass;
- in the process of whipping, in the same way, add cream and whisk for another 5 minutes;
- continuously stirring in small portions, add all the alcohol.
The liquor is ready, but it needs to be put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, so that it thickens, after which it can be consumed.
How to make milk-coffee liqueur
Irish liqueur Baileys is very popular, but he andquite expensive. Prepare a liqueur such as Bailey, you can and yourself, without the special monetary costs. We offer the most successful way of making liqueur. With several more ways of making this popular alcoholic drink you can read in our article How to Cook Bailey ?.
Ingredients will need the following:
- Condensed milk - 1 can (200 ml);
- Instant coffee - 2 stick (2 tsp);
- Vanillin is a pinch;
- Alcohol (40%) - 300 g.
- In a saucepan, mix all ingredients, except alcohol, carefully mix with whisk;
- Constantly stirring, put the mixture on a small fire, but do not bring to a boil;
- After reheating, remove the dishes from the fire, cool and then add alcohol.
Cool liquor is ready for use. More information about the traditions associated with the use of this drink, you can learn from our article How to drink Baileys liquor ?.
To prepare a liquor from a cherry, both fresh and frozen, the following components will be required
- Cherry berries - ½ kg;
- Cherry leaves - about 200 g;
- Sugar powder - 500 g;
- Water - 1 l;
- Lemon is a half of fruit;
- Vanilla sugar - 1 packet or a pinch of vanillin;
- Vodka - 500 g.
Of these products will be about 1 liter of liquor, this drink is prepared no longer than an hour.
- Wash the cherry (if frozen, then it must be thawed) and leaves, pour one liter of water, put on gas, bring to a boil and boil for at least 10 minutes over a small fire;
- Then add the sugar and put the sliced lime, stir until the sugar dissolves, heat for about 7 minutes;
- After all the manipulations remove the broth from the fire, cool and strain through several layers of gauze or a sieve. Add the vodka to the cold broth.
In this form, the drink is ready for use, butit is better to let this liquor steep for up to 7 days, then the taste will be more saturated and rich. To store and to insist the drink better in a cool dark place, then it will acquire the viscous dense consistency, characteristic for liquor.
You can find even more recipes for preparing liqueurs in our article How to make a liqueur.