How to make a rope?
Rope - a fairly common thing in ourEveryday life. Very often we do not even think about its usefulness and necessity. However, if, for some reason, you suddenly found yourself thousands of miles from civilization, and were forced to survive, the first thing you would think about would be a rope. After all, without it, do not make a trap for the animal, do not build a shelter, and do not even bring a bundle of firewood for the fire. In general, let's figure out how to make a rope yourself. By the way, let it be known to you that in order to make a rope, various plant materials, such as wool or a burdock stem, will perfectly suit. The easiest option is a nettle rope, which can be found anywhere.
- For a start, we'll find nettles. The higher it will be, the better. Just do not take nettles, which grew in the sun (usually a nettle with a reddish tinge). From it, of course, you can also make a rope, only it will take more time, as it will be necessary to remove the pectin. And from the nettles, which is scorched by the sun, it retreats longer.
- Make a rope of nettles can be of different thickness, from a thick rope to fine twine. Nettle is a fairly strong plant, and even a thin string can withstand heavy loads.
- We cut nettle stems (choose green andjuicy), put them in the shade and proceed to the process. It is necessary to clean the trunk of the leaves, and then make an incision in the groove of the trunk over the entire length. Since for the rope we only need a soft fibrous part, we need to remove the "skin" from the nettle, that is, remove the wood from the trunk.
- Prepared nettle should be dried, soit is necessary to hang it in a warm, dry place, and always in the shade (so that there is no access to direct sunlight). It should dry as naturally as possible.
- After the "drying" process is completed, weyou need to stretch the dried fibers. You can do it by hand. Or something like a rolling pin (pre-laying nettle on a flat flat surface). The thinner you want to get the rope, the more carefully you need to knead the nettle fibers.
- Upon completion of the process, you should receive a largethe number of soft fibers, the length of which is not less than a meter. Separate some of the fibers about the same thickness as you plan to make a rope. The ends are tightly fixed, then divide the bundle into three parts and braid the tight braid (the one that girls usually wear.)
- If you need a long rope - about twenty centimeters to the end of the spit, take new fibers and begin to weave them
- If you make a "braid" not from three strands, but from 4-5 or more, you will get a stronger rope.
So in a simple way, you can make a rope yourself.