How to install WoW addons?
Many fans of the game WoW use the so-called add-ons. About how to install add-ons for WoW, our article will tell.
Addons - this is an addition to the interface of the game (inthe case of the game WoW). There is a possibility to change virtually everything from buttons and frames to what information and how it will be displayed. As a rule, addons will help to perform any actions in the game with comfort. This, for example, is the ability to see the entire inventory in one bag automatically grouped, or to see the skills of all guild players, what they can create and what components are needed for this.
It is worth noting that the use of addonswill require additional memory and often leads to a decrease in the performance of the PC system as a whole. Also you need to remember that if you go to raids or are in a guild, then you will definitely have to put a set of addons, without which these actions are impossible. But addons can be selectively disabled at the right time (for example, if they are not needed or overload your PC). Do not be afraid and that the installation of add-on is capable of irreparable changes in the files of the game or system. In the worst case, you just unplug the addon that does not work correctly and everything will be as before.
Install the required add-ons
- First you need to download the addon and save it on your personal computer. You can download them from the links below:
You can also use other sites, which are very many on the Internet, by asking the appropriate query in any search engine.
As a rule, these are archive files of rar or zip format.
- Now about where to install addons for WoW. You need to open the downloaded archive and put its contents in the game folder, for example:
"The Way to WoW Game" InterfaceAddons.
And so, if in the downloaded archive there were, for example,folder with the names "Atlas_Battlegrounds" and "Atlas", then after copying them to the game folder, you should see the corresponding above folders in the directory of the game "Addons".
Inclusion of necessary additions
- Run the game (you must close it if it was started before installing addons and run again).
- As usual, we enter the password and see the button with the inscription "Modifications" in the lower left corner of the screen for selecting your character. This button is responsible for starting / disabling any addons.
- Clicking it, you will see a window where you can enable or disable installed addons.
It is worth paying attention to the option called"Obsolete modifications" in the upper right corner of this window. We recommend putting a tick in it so that you can use the old addons, because the word "old" does not mean "not working" or "bad" at all.
Now you know how to install add-ons for WoW and can easily do it!