How to improve the sound quality?
For sound from audio and video recordings on personalthe computer is responding with a sound card. It takes the information that comes to the PC, and turns it into signals. We hear them from the speakers. True, there are often cases when the sound on the PC suddenly becomes bad or needs to be updated. About how to improve the sound quality, we'll tell in the article.
There are several ways to adjust the signal. These methods are divided into hardware and software. We list several options:
- Downloading new drivers for the sound card. Even if the driver installed with the operating system is functioning properly, the formatting or other settings may subsequently affect its software. Find information about the sound card by going to the "Start" - "Control Panel". Double-click the "Sound devices" icon and read the name of the sound card in the window. For this information on the Internet, find the drivers for the device. Download them and install, as required by the instruction. The system itself will replace the former sound driver with a new one.
- Purchase and installation of a new sound card. In the market a lot of options and types of devices designed for any user needs. For example, basic sound cards aimed at ordinary consumers, or special cards for gamers, for recording engineers. The device itself is placed in a separate slot in the computer. Connect it is not so difficult, if you follow the installation instructions. Keep in mind that the new sound card will require new drivers. Usually, they are supplied on the disk in the application to the hardware.
- Connecting higher quality speakers to theaudio output. Many modern computers allow digital audio outputs and work with 2.1 systems (i.e., a subwoofer and two speakers) or support 5.1 (a subwoofer and five speakers). Such innovations on the PC will lead to a much more intense and pure sound.
- Use special programs that guaranteeimprovement of sound quality. Each has its own characteristics, but in general, any program for improving the sound quality offers 3D sound; convenient and "advanced" equalizer, thanks to which it will be possible to improve the sound quality at will; Correction of speakers to monitor the range and quality of their audio playback; full control of the central channel; Virtual Savboofer, which allows you to improve the bass speakers in the absence of the Savbufer; finally, the environment, that is, the ability to choose a place under which the sound can be adjusted. Here is the list of programs:
- Hear 1.0 Build 1738
- SRS Audio Essentials
- DFX Audio Enhancer
- Sound Normalizer
- Reduce parasitic oscillations withvibro-decoupling of audio components. Experts guarantee that due to such actions the gain in sound quality reaches 40%. The main source of resonances, as a rule, is the hard drive and the cooler. True, the importance of the second in this matter is not particularly large and, having reduced only their resonance, the effect will be virtually invisible. But working with a hard disk is really worth your attention. The fact that with its vibro-isolation reduces the number of errors that occur when reading information, and this, in turn, gives an increase in both the sound quality and the functioning of software applications.
In order to reduce the resonances of both the coolers and the hard drive, use special gaskets and bolts made of silicone or viscous rubber.
All these tricks will help to achieve maximum effect and provide the best sound quality.