How to grow a tree from a stone?
From a bone it is possible to grow practically anytree. In fact, this process will not be difficult, but there is one condition - you need to be patient. To grow a large tree from a small seed, it takes a long time, because it takes more than one year.
What you need in order to grow a tree from the stone
There are some rules how to growa tree of stone. They are applicable for the cultivation of all trees: for garden and for wild growing. You can sow both in spring in April-May, and in winter - in October-November.
How to plant a tree from the stone in spring
- Solid bones, for example from cherries, sweet cherries orapricot, it is necessary to soak in the water for a period of 1 month. Water is changed every day, and in order to prevent the appearance of mold, it is necessary to pre-treat the bones in a solution with manganese (25 mg of manganese per 1 liter of water).
- Do not forget that bones, like many seeds,need stratification. Before planting 2-3 months they are kept at a temperature of +15 - 20C. After that, for 2-3 weeks, put in a colder room - in the basement or in the refrigerator. The temperature should not exceed + 6C and fall below -2C.
- We put the box in the living room. After most of the shoots are pushed, it will be possible to plant the bones directly into the ground on the plot of land.
How to plant a tree from the stone in the winter
- Bones need to be cooked in the summer. Slightly dry and put them until October in a box with sawdust or with wet sand. Take care not to sprout. If this happens, put the box in a cool room.
- In October, you can land pits in the open ground to a depth of about three centimeters. Watering is not necessary.
It should be noted that garden trees grown fromossicles, need inoculation. This procedure is necessary to ensure that the tree can fully bear fruit and was more frost-resistant and strong. In trees that have not been vaccinated, there are often no fruits or they grow small and unattractive. In general, most trees are rather unpretentious and can grow in any soil.