How to flash a modem?
Now almost every mobile operatoroffers its user to use their mobile Internet not only on mobile devices, but also on their computers. For this purpose, a special sim card with a connected tariff is given, as well as a 3G modem, which in its appearance resembles a large USB flash drive. Since each service operator wants you to use only his offers and do not go to competitors, each modem specifically blocks, so that it works only with certain SIM cards, and with others to connect to the Internet refused. But this limitation can be circumvented if you reflash the device. Let's figure out how to flash a 3g modem.
To begin with, you need to figure out whichthe manufacturer of your modem. Usually, Russian communication operators sell modems from Huawei to their customers. If you have the device of this manufacturer in your hands, then I hasten to please you - these modems are very easy to unlock and reflash.
- First, you need to know the IMEI device. To do this, you need to connect the modem to the computer, go into the program that was installed by you when you first turned on the modem and then select the "About device" item.
- Write down or copy these numbers. Open the Huawei website in the browser and enter the IMEI code there and click "Calculate codes".
- If you have entered everything correctly, the site will give you a special code, which is very important and you need it, again, copy or write somewhere.
- The code that we got is needed in order totell the modem that he is allowed to work with any telecom operators, and not just with the one for which he was set up. Insert any other SIM card into the modem (from another operator) and enter the program. You will immediately have a window in which you will be asked to enter a secret code. These are the numbers that we received on the site in punk 2. After entering your modem is already ready to work with other operators!
- Now let's figure out how to flash the modem. For this we need to download the firmware for the modem and install the files as a regular program.
- All is ready!