How to feed the fee?
We recommend to feed the dachshund exclusivelynatural and healthy food. Dachshunds tend to be obese and like to overeat, so they can not be overfed. You need to competently make up their diet. It is advisable to feed the dachshund only once a day.
Rules of cooking
Before reading, what to feed the fee, we advise you to familiarize yourself with the basic rules of cooking for your pet.
- All the ingredients of the dish should be prepared separately, and mix them already in a bowl before feeding.
- You should add soups at the very end of cooking and do not make them an independent dish.
- The dish for dachshunds should look like a thick soup or liquid porridge for better assimilation.
- Sometimes it is possible to give meat and vegetables separate large pieces for training the jaws.
- Pamper pet can be raw, nuts and dried fruits, but not sweets.
What to feed adult dachshund
The basis of the diet of the fee should be meat, vegetables and cereals.
- Give the dog lamb, turkey and lean meatbeef. Meat should not be fatty, fried or peppery. Contrary to popular belief, do not give the dog bones. They have no special nutritional value, but are harmful to the teeth and intestines.
- Do not forget to diversify the food by dachshund fish, preferably sea and boneless. It, like meat, saturates the dog's body with the necessary amount of protein.
- Vegetables give vitamins, carbohydrates and fiber. It is better to give them raw and crushed, sometimes whole. If your pet does not like raw vegetables, lightly open them and season with vegetable oil. Make a vegetable puree, add a little meat. Practical any vegetables, except potatoes, will do.
- Cereals are a source of carbohydrates. For feeding dachshunds, buckwheat, rice, and oatmeal are suitable. Do not give the dog semolina and millet porridge.
How to Feed a Dachshund Puppy
Puppy dachshunds are best fed several times a day in small portions.
Up to four months, puppies can eat freshcow milk, then the basis of their diet is porridge with meat and vegetables. Slightly boil the fish, mix it with rice and egg yolk, add grated fresh carrots - a full dish for the dachshund puppy is ready.
Give the puppy dachshunds low-fat kefir or unsweetened yogurt without additives. Hard cheese is suitable as a treat.
The prepared dish should be warm, fresh and in no case sharp or fried.
Take care of your dachshund, feed it with healthy, natural food, and the dog will always be healthy and active.