How to dry nuts?
It is known that it is necessary to store nuts in dried form, otherwise they can become moldy and completely spoil. Nuts can be dried in a variety of ways.
We'll talk about how to dry nuts at home for later storage.
How to Dry Hazelnuts
Hazelnut, or hazelnut, as it is oftencalled, has a mass of useful properties. If you decide to store hazelnuts at home, then you need to choose the right time for collecting it. You only need to harvest the ripened fruit, since they are kept long enough.
So, the hazelnut can be dried in several ways:
- In a frying pan. To do this, pour peeled nuts into a frying pan and, stirring, stir fry them for no more than 3-5 minutes.
- In the oven. Heat the oven to 90 degrees and put the baking tray with the peeled nuts inside for about 1-1.5 hours. You can dry the unpeeled nuts, but only the oven will have to warm to 120 degrees and leave the nuts for 2-3 hours.
- On the windowsill or on the street under the sun. Spread the cleaned hazelnuts in a thin layer on a cotton cloth or a sheet of paper. Choose a sunny and well ventilated place. Leave the nuts for the whole day, at night it is better to bring them into the room. To dry it is necessary within 2 days.
- In the electric dryer. Dry nuts are better at a temperature of 90 degrees for 5-6 hours, after cleaning from the shell.
How to Dry Walnuts
The process of preparing walnuts for storagepractically does not differ from the preparation of hazelnuts. It should be noted that the walnut contains about 40 percent moisture. It can be dried both in a shell and in a purified form.
So, to dry the walnut at home, you will need an oven, a dryer for fruit and nuts, or a dry and well-ventilated room.
- To dry the walnut in the oven, you needwarm up the device to 70-90 degrees, no more. Then put the nuts on the baking sheet and put in the oven for 2-3 hours. After pulling out and spread out the nuts on a flat surface, periodically turning them to best dry.
- In the electric dryer you need to set the temperature for drying nuts and fruits. Put the nuts there for 5-6 hours.
- You can also put a peeled walnut on sheets of paper or cloth. Leave to dry in a dry ventilated room for 2-3 days, stirring occasionally the fruits.
You can also refer to the section of our website Nuts.