How to draw a portrait in stages with a pencil?
Watch the video
Drawing a portrait is a real art,which you can not master in one day. To make the portrait come out successful, you will have to spend more than one sheet of paper. With due diligence and patience in the future it will be possible to please those close to them with a picture on paper.
How to draw a portrait correctly?
- Drawing a portrait begins with the oval of the head andmarkup of the main parts of the face. It is very important to conduct the first contours, or rather the correct, proportional face oval. Strongly press on the pencil is not necessary, suddenly the lines do not work the first time and have to start again.
- We make the markings by passing a horizontal straight line in the middle of the oval. A little lower, you will need one more, parallel to the first one. At this level, there will be eyes.
- From the middle of the second line you need to draw a perpendicular to the chin.
- On the perpendicular line, mark the tip of the nose roughly in the middle, draw the ears at the marking level for the eyes.
In the technique of drawing a portrait with a pencil for beginners, these actions occupy an important place. They allow you to observe all the proportions and make it easier to work on facial features.
How to draw a portrait of a man with a pencil: eyes
- After the necessary sketches, you can begin to draw one of the most difficult parts - to the eyes.
- Draw two ovals, previously noting the inner and outer corners of each eye, their upper and lower bounds.
- Denote the pupils. The more expressive the eyes, the more believable the portrait. To achieve similarity to a living person, you need to know that pupils must have a glare. The eye protein is not quite white, its color changes from how the shadow of the century falls.
- It must also be taken into account that the shape of the eye is a sphere and, relying on it, to represent the eyelids.
If you want to draw a portrait of a girl with a pencil, you will need long, fluffy eyelashes and thin eyebrows in the frame of the eyes. They should be on the upper horizontal line.
How to draw a portrait of a man in stages: nose and mouth
- When the eyes are ready, it's time to draw a nose. The tip is indicated by a tick, on the sides we draw two arcs.
- From the right eyebrow draw a thin line along the nose. In the image of this part of the face, the main less is the sharp lines, there is more play of shadow and light.The darkest zone is usually at the base of the nostrils, the tip of the nose is the light part of it.
- When drawing the lips, you must remember that the upperThe lip should be slightly thinner than the bottom. In the center, the upper lip is as if broken. To make the mouth voluminous, we use the darkening of the corners and contours of the lips. We will make the middle light.
You learned the way to learn how to drawportrait in pencil in stages. It remains only to depict the hair, put on the face of the shadow, to make the lines more expressive, to finish the neck. Superfluous lines should be removed.
More information on how to draw portraits can be found in the Portrait section.