How to crop a sim card in a micro-sim?
Watch the video
Picking up a new mobile device, you needask the sales consultant which SIM card is used in your chosen model. If a mini SIM is inserted into the phone, the standard card will need to be reduced. About how to trim the sim card for micro, we will talk in our article.
Crop Simka under the micro-sim can be done by yourself or by contacting a specialist.
Self-made micro-sim card
In order to self-crop the sim card you need to prepare the following tools:
- sharp scissors or a construction knife;
- a pen or a simple pencil;
- a small ruler;
- double sided tape.
Option 1 - draw a figure on the sim card
- The micro-sim has dimensions of 15x12x0.76, where 0.76 is the width of the card thatremains unchanged. In order to trim the sim card for micro, it is necessary to draw a rectangular shape around the chip with the necessary parameters.
- After this, use a sharp scissors or a knife to carefully cut out the figure.
- Also it is necessary to cut off a small triangle from the upper right corner of the mini-sim, so that it resembles a conventional SIM card, only in a reduced size.
Option 2 - print mini-sim on the printer
If you crop the sim card for the first time, and are afraid to spoil it, you can proceed as follows:
- We draw on the computer a figure with the necessary parameters (15x12).
- Print it on the printer and cut it out.
- We paste the received figure on the card so that the sheet of paper completely covers the chip.
- Cut the mini-map around the outline.
- We take off a piece of paper.
In any workshop or department for the sale of start-up packages of cellular communications you will be helped to reduce the SIM card. It is worth noting that this service is not free. A certain amount of money will be taken from you.
Reducing the SIM card is a very important job. To protect yourself, read the article How to trim the sim card.