How to cook strawberry jam? Strawberry Jam Recipes for Winter
Hello, housewives and avid cooks!
How are you? How are you feeling? Today the sun is shining and therefore I want to dedicate this note to one sweet dessert, which you will be happy to eat in winter. Let's talk about strawberry jam, or many people say and use the word Victoria in this phrase.
I do not know why and where it went, but for me personally, these two types of berries have significant differences. Although I know that it is more correct to use strawberries in speech. Just the one that grows in our garden is called the garden, and the one that is in nature - the field. By the way, have you already planted cuttings in the ground in your backyard? It's time to go.
In any case, this beauty is so beautiful, and what a delicious and fragrant. Just horror, I love her. Moreover, even in fresh, even in frozen form, it is beautiful.Is not it? And of course, desserts and delicacies made from it also look awesome and attractive.
What do you think, there are some rules and secrets of cooking this wonderful mixture. Of course. Many people like to cook only using large berries so that they turn out whole in a jar, and someone prefers to grind them, and then eat jam.
Both options are pretty darn good. I adore both. For me, it is better to do so, and so. After all, one will be good for baking, and the other you can just spread on a bun or fresh bread. Therefore, I propose to do it in different ways.
Tasty and thick jam made from whole strawberries - Grandma's recipe for the winter
There is nothing better when sitting on winter evenings and drinking tea with the gifts of summer. As we are waiting for this berry in the summer, because it is so fragrant and very beautiful. And always immediately flooded with memories of childhood, when we went to the field to fill it with large buckets and baskets.
And then, they sat for hours at a round table and tugged at both cheeks. There are quite a few options on how to boil strawberry (victoria) jam for the winter. But, one of the most favorite recipes for today is still the traditional version.
He assumes that the berries will not fray, and it will be cooked whole.
Usually, the smaller the fruit, the thicker it turns into a delicacy.
In principle, the field is always smaller than garden Victoria. After all, we can take care of the home and water it as often as possible if the summer is dry. She even smells wrong. It is from the field that the most delicious jam is obtained, which you always want to eat, especially when you have someone to eat with. I suggest you immediately make and use exactly this step-by-step instruction.
And also to say that this recipe is universal, suitable for cooking strawberry, strawberry or jam from Victoria.
We will need:
- strawberry (Victoria or strawberry) - 3 tbsp.
- sugar - 3 tbsp.
1. First of all, it is necessary to inspect the berries and identify substandard ones, those with mold or rot will not be useful, discard them. Remove all tails, this work is obligatory, do not neglect these actions.
2. And now, when it is so ripe, the berry to the berry lies on the saucer, measure it with a glass, remember the main rule, for 1 glass of strawberries (and already having moved) there is 1 glass of sugar.
Remember, you should wash under running water and allow the fluid to completely drain.
3Next, be sure to pour sugar and let it stand, at least for an hour, to stand out juice. Typically, the exposure time is 5-6 hours. Stir and you will be dazzled by a delicious aroma.
4. It is in this state, as shown in this photo, when a lot of juice was released and the sugar began to dissolve, start cooking.
Put on the stove, make a low heat and bring to a boil. As the first bubbles appear, boil for about 1-2 minutes, turn off and allow to cool to room temperature. After repeat the procedure a total of 3-4 times and only after that you can lay on the banks.
If during cooking there will be a foam, remove it with a special spoon with holes.
5. Sterilize jars and lids convenient for you. It is not necessary to twist the banks under the metal cover, you can use the usual nylon. Allow containers to cool under a blanket, and then send them to a cellar or refrigerator. Eat on health!
Strawberry jam for the winter Five minutes (the easiest recipe)
There are options where the berries are twisted in a meat grinder or driven through a juicer, then sugar is added and this mass is brought to a boil.The secret of such a miracle is that, in principle, there is no conservation and cooking, all the vitamins are saved.
But, there is still such a recipe, when the liquid with strawberries and sugar should boil for about five minutes. Often, so many people do, firstly, it is more useful, and secondly, also quickly. And thirdly, its red color will enchant you.
Berries try to take the same size, although it does not matter.
Secret technology. To ensure that the jam is not soured and God forbid, mold does not form on the surface, add citric acid at the very end of cooking.
It will save your dessert from such misfortunes. But, and there is still one trick, why should you put a lemon, read on and find the answer.
We will need:
- berry - 2 kg
- sugar - 800 g
- citric acid - 1 tsp
1. Sort strawberries, remove the tails, all the greens. Rinse with water and let it drain. Next, add sugar and stir to make a liquid.
Now sprinkle with citric acid and stir again. Cover with a lid or cling film and put in a cool place in the refrigerator or where there is no sunlight. Berry in this syrup should stand for about 8 hours.
Citric acid will give a cool bright saturated color in the finished jar, and also help such a blank to stand for a long time and not deteriorate.
Instead of lemon can take 2 tablespoons of fresh juice.
2. Cook Victoria for about 5 minutes after boiling, but do not make the fire strong, mix everything well and thoroughly so as not to burn.
Pour the finished delicacy into sterile clean cans and close under the metal lids. Cool under the blanket to room temperature. Keep in a cold place, and then drink tea and enjoy the gifts of summer. Bon Appetit!
Cook a delicacy of frozen berries
I strongly recommend that if the summer season was a success, I’ve frozen strawberries in the freezer. And then boil jelly and compotes from it, and also use it in thawed form.
You can also make jam if you wish. Use this video hint. Happy viewing.
Unusual cooking jam without sugar
Think this is impossible? Simple and along with other types of this fairly affordable option. And there is maximum benefit in it, because the strawberries are not cooked and remain fresh, which means all the vitamins remain too.
Such a dessert is able to become your assistant in strengthening immunity, and also during the cold season will come to the rescue to relieve your condition.
Few people know, but you can still make this delicacy in its own juice. Who cares how to do this, write notes below, tell you.
We will need:
- water - 4 tbsp.
- strawberry - 2 kg
1. It is necessary first of all to carefully pick berries, while it is very important that they are unharmed. Wash them in water and shake them in a colander.
2. Sterilize the jars and lids or boil. Then place the strawberries in them immediately. Take a large pot, put a towel on the bottom, and expose the jars.
3. Boil drinking water and with it, it turns out to pour boiling water over the berries that are already in the jars.
4. Fill the pot with lukewarm water over the hanger cans and boil for about 9-10 minutes. Then twist under the metal cover and cool in an inverted position under the blanket. After which, store in the cold, and preferably in the refrigerator.
Jam from mashed strawberries
Now many of you will lick, all because the next option will be awesome. It will turn out puree, and thick, if cook, using the correct technology.
Interesting! You can add a cherry or a currant for a change and get a new flavor note, there will be a berry mix, or as they say fresh.
In this case, do not forget about the proportions, taken one by one, sugar and berry, respectively.
We will need:
- strawberry (victoria or strawberry) - 3 kg
- granulated sugar - 3 kg
- citric acid - on request 1 tsp
1. Before embarking on the process of making such an aromatic “potion”, first the time-consuming work of gathering has to be. Then, take each berry and tear off the stalk and twig, if you suddenly stayed.
Next, you need to wash the fruit and shake off all moisture through a sieve or colander.
Take only the most ripe and fleshy berries, then you get more beautiful and tasty jam.
Now take the potato machine and remember Victoria in the pan, you can use a blender or a juicer (but, only manual, there are such special nozzles that are put on the meat grinder). The mass should be homogeneous.
Sprinkle with sugar and leave to stand for a couple of hours, stir an hour later. There should be a lot of juice.
2. Place the container on the stove and cook for 5-10 minutes after boiling, do not forget to stir.Before shutting down, add some lemon to your preference; it may need less or more, depending on whether the berry tastes sour or sugary-sweet.
Tip! And also, keep in mind that when the mixture boils, it will increase in volume, which means that the pan must be higher than what it is in, and the mass will “run away”.
3. Treat the hot product in a clean, sterile jar and close it under the capron cover (they must also be sterile). You can consume immediately or wait for winter or spring. In any case, eat on health!
Strawberry jelly without gelatin - a recipe for winter
Quite often they turn to me with the question of how to make such a jam, but at the same time make it thick and look like jelly. Everyone knows that you can make gelatin and achieve this effect, but you can do without it.
Now so many invented various substances such as agar-agar, pectin, etc., that sometimes you do not have time for new technologies and their derivatives.
But, all the same you should not lag behind, go ahead or together with time and create.
I want to say that strawberry jelly can be used on cakes or pastries, yes, or just enjoy and seize a couple of buns.
We will need:
- minced berries in a meat grinder - 3 tbsp.
- sugar - 4 tbsp.
- lemon - 1 pc.
- pectin - 2 sachets of 14 g each
1. I will begin this description not, as always, but from the fact that you prepare in advance the jars with lids. Boil them. And usually for such a treat small containers are taken, for example, half liter or liter jars and even less.
2. Sort out the strawberry and wash it, if it is too large, cut it in half, then skip through a meat grinder or you can use an ordinary small sieve.
Mix the pectin with the squeezed lemon juice and pour it in to the grated strawberries, bring to a boil on the stove.
3. Do not forget that you need to stir more often, so that nothing stuck to the bottom of the pan. How will bubbles make sugar and stir. Boil until the sugar, or rather its grains dissolve completely.
4. Since pectin gives the ability to quickly set, immediately immediately distribute the mixture over the cans and close the screw caps.
This jelly will love your kids-sweets very much. Try it and you also get such a charm. Bon Appetit!
Awesome recipe from victoria with oranges
I love cool options, I remember when I made dandelion dessert and rhubarb last year, I also added citrus fruits. It turned out great.
Here I thought and decided to take and add an orange here, you can also have a lemon. What came of it, see for yourself. I will say right away - incredibly delicious, and very beautiful.
We will need:
- Victoria or strawberry - 0.7 kg
- fresh orange - 2 pcs.
- granulated sugar - 0.5 kg
- orange liqueur - 50 ml
1. Crush gently with a spoon or fork and move the washed berries well.
2. From the oranges, completely remove the peel and cut them into small slices, in the form of crescents.
And remember that the streaks are not needed, cut them with a knife.
Mix berries and fruits in one container and combine with sugar, stir. Turn on the fire and as soon as the mixture starts to seethe and boil over - boil for about 5 minutes on low heat. Then turn off and go to the next step.
3. Namely, pour in the liqueur, turn on the stove again and let it boil for 5-10 minutes.
4. Then pour this hot dish over clean cans and spin under the lids. Allow to cool to room temperature, and then lower to the cellar or refrigerate. Help yourself! Pleasant discoveries!
Strawberry jam without cooking berries with lemon - the best classic recipe
What a beauty, what else can be better. Take and combine in one whole fruits and berries. What do you think? I think you want to try. Indeed, along with other options, it is not nearly as good, and maybe even something better.
We will need:
- strawberry - 1 kg
- sugar - 0.5 kg
- water - 75 ml
- lemon - 0.5 pcs.
1. Enumerate the berries, select the ripest and juicy ones, remove the “butts”. Then, rinse the strawberries thoroughly and drain all the water with a colander.
2. Pour water into the pan and add sugar. Turn on the stove and cook the sweet syrup, bring the liquid to a boil, the grains should dissolve completely. Then reduce to medium heat and cook for 6 minutes. It turns out quite viscous fluid. Pour in lemon juice (1-2 tablespoons).
3. Pour the berries in this syrup and cover with a lid. Let the fruit cool. Then pour the liquid back into the pan and bring the syrup to a boil, again pour the strawberries over it. So do it three or four times.
4. After that, you need to place the strawberries in sterile jars, pour syrup and close under the metal lids. Store, as usual, in a cool place, preferably in a cellar.
Remember that the berries are poured mostly boiling liquid, after which they should be cooled in cans to room temperature.Do not forget to wrap in a blanket or blanket, so that the cooling process is smooth.
Thus, it will turn out to be a most delicious and useful miracle for the whole family, and it will be a great gift to treat your beloved relatives and friends.
If you like to experiment in the kitchen, then this culinary masterpiece love for sure. To be honest, in addition to bananas, you can add a whole bunch, such as peaches, cherries or grapes. The taste will be different each time.
Serve this dish in any form, you can use it in its pure form, or you can smear it on a loaf or gobble up with donuts and crispy brushwood.
I often wrap and roll up pancakes with such a “potion”, which my children really love.
We will need:
- Strawberry -
- Bananas -5-6 pieces
- Sugar -
1. Take the berry and rinse, shake off all moisture.
Then add sugar to the strawberries and stir. Cover the container with gauze and let stand for a couple of hours to form a liquid. After boiling on the stove until foaming, remove the froth and continue cooking for 6 minutes.
Cover with a lid and leave the treat to stand and cool, steep all night.
2Then put it back on the stove and cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat. The color of the berries should already be dark.
3. Peel bananas and cut them into slices, that is, first into circles, and then chop them into halves. Add in jam, stir and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into clean and well-wiped cans, cover with a lid. Keep it where it is cool. Good luck!
Interesting dessert from Victoria with agar-agar
Another non-liquid variantik with a rather unusual component. Take a look at the list of products and you will understand everything.
Imagine how cool it will be, it's winter outside, the wind is blowing and you are sitting with a cup of tea or coffee. And scoop a beautiful berry jam with a spoon. Or maybe you made a shredded cake "Karakum" and you have guests today.
We will need:
- strawberry - 1 kg
- sugar - 200 g
- agar-agar - 12 g
1. I suggest this time to use an assistant, namely a blender, twist the transferred berries in it.
2. Then, as is customary in the classic recipe, add sugar and let the juice stand out. Boil for about 10 minutes after the mush boils. Then add the agar-agar and stir and immediately shift the sterile jars. Close the lids.
Remember, if this is not done immediately, then the jelly will quickly harden and will not be able to then spread it out on the banks.
3. Do not forget to leave a sample in the cup, so as to enjoy today such a miracle of nature. Pleasant discoveries, friends!
Jam with strawberries and gelatin
This creation is more like a jelly-like mass, but many are looking for just such a recipe. As they say, the taste and color of their preferences.
Moreover, this species will be without berries, you will see soon. But he is no worse than the rest. And to get a thick mass, take a sheet gelatin.
Interesting! Instead of sugar, you can use liquid honey, get a new shade and floral aroma, but this is an amateur.
We will need:
- fresh strawberries - 1 kg
- lime - 7 pcs.
- sugar - 800 g
- sheet gelatin - 14 g
1. Remove all the stems and twigs, reconsider the berries so that there are no moldy ones. Then chop finely with a knife. And with the help of cutlery, pound into a mush, it is necessary in order to stand out the juice.
It is best to use an electric juicer for this purpose, but not everyone has one.
2. Strain the liquid through the gauze, while the pulp should remain on the surface.
3Squeeze juice from lime. And then add sugar to this liquid and mix. Leafy plates of gelatin dissolve in cold water, as stated in the instructions, then add lime juice to it. Connect with the nectar from under the strawberries, stir and distribute on banks.
4. Next, you need to put the finished product in the cold, for example, put in the fridge and after an hour, use and enjoy this natural product without additives and preservatives of your own preparation - jelly. Have a nice
Cooking with pectin for the winter
Honestly, I did not think and did not even know that, so, they cook. But, I stumbled upon this recipe in a magazine, and decided to share with you, dear friends. You may want to try it out. Such a miracle will stand for a very long time in the cellar, not even a single year, although before that it is not worth it, you gobble up faster.
Take a look at the picture, you already want to try, like you will lick your fingers. Such a culinary masterpiece will not leave anyone indifferent, because balsamic vinegar will also be used in the composition, which in turn will give a small note of sourness. Therefore, this beauty with whole berries will not only be sweet, but also piquant.
Try to make sure to cook and your family will certainly be grateful to you. What could be better than such an assessment for the works? Smiles and praise of loving hearts.
We will need:
- garden strawberries or field strawberries - 500 g
- sugar - 150 g
- pectin - 7 g
- balsamic vinegar - 50 g
1. In this embodiment, the chef does not recommend to first remove the stem. Therefore, after you have a strawberry in a basin, fill it with water and hold it for a couple of minutes to get all the dirt out. Then drain the fluid and remove the tails. Thus, no bacteria will settle on the berry inside.
Add granulated sugar and stir. Immediately add balsamic vinegar and mix. Sugar even slightly darkened by the action of "balsamic".
2. After 10 minutes, place the basin on the stove and make a medium heat, cook only 5 minutes from the moment of boiling. And only now the important point has come - the addition of pectin, which will make the mass jelly-like. At the same time, when you add immediately mix, if this is not done immediately, you will see a large ball.
Boil literally for another 5 minutes, and then turn it off and immediately, without slowing down, place it in sterile jars.Do it in hot form, do not cool the mass.
Roll up the cans under the metal covers and turn them upside down, wrap them in a blanket and let them cool, hold for 24 hours.
And then enjoy, you can eat immediately, but you can leave for the winter. To arrange a cool tea afterwards with the kids.
Video on how to make strawberry jam so that the berries remain intact
Want to find the most successful and perfect recipe? To do this, try a bunch of options, or you can repeat all the actions that are shown in this story. All cooking secrets are revealed here, I recommend for viewing.
I hope you will succeed, as the hostess of this video. Do not forget to take a good mood with you, and then everything will turn out perfectly, be sure of that. Enjoy watching!
Thus, we have learned how to cook strawberry jam in different ways. Which method did you like more? Or you have your own special features and recommendations. Please share your opinion at the bottom of the article.
Write comments, discuss the topic and do not forget to click on the buttons of social networks to share the necessary information with friends.
I wish you all a great day and sunny and calm weather. While fellow cooks. Until new meetings.