How to connect the outlet correctly?
Watch the video
All of us constantly use various electrical appliances - without them, modern life has become simply unthinkable. And all of them are powered by the voltage running along the wires right up to the outlets in our homes.
When the outlet goes out of order, it can create quite a lot of discomfort. In addition, the question arises, how to properly connect the outlet?
Selecting the outlet
The choice is not particularly difficult, it is a question, rather, aesthetic, but there is in it a practical background:
- If the outlet is used for high loads,it is better to provide this in advance and ask the consultant which one is suitable for your needs. But in general, any high-quality socket must withstand intensive exploitation.
- So do not take too cheap options, it is better to choose a little more expensive, but also more reliable.
- Rosettes are overhead and internal, this must be remembered, so as not to hollow out the wall then or close the hole in the wall due to the fact that the socket does not fit.
- Before installing the outlet, you need to prepare all the necessary tools. We need a screwdriver, an indicator and can come in handy side cutters.
- Now go to the electrical panel and de-energize our outlet.
- We check the socket with an indicator. To do this, insert the indicator into the holes and press the button on the opposite end. If the bulb does not light in any way, it's okay and it's time to install the outlet.
- Unscrew the bolt and remove the outer cover.
- We loosen side bolts and remove the socket.
- We unscrew all three wires, remember which of them is attached in the middle to a special "mustachioed" plate (this grounding).
- We check the wires for safety so that they are not fused or damaged.
- Carefully clean it, so that the length of the bare wire is enough to fasten to the terminal, but that it does not stick out and do not come into contact with other parts of the outlet.
- We loosen the contacts on the new socket and in turn connect and extend all three contacts.
- We put the socket in place and tighten the fixing bolts. We look, that the socket firmly kept, but that it was not bent and it stood evenly.
- Now put the cover in place and tighten the last screw.
- The socket is in place and ready for use.
- We turn on the electricity.
- Check the outlet.
- All is ready.