How to connect the engine?
Watch the video
The induction motor is a machinealternating current with a lower rotor speed compared with the speed of rotation of the magnetic field on the stator winding. It can operate both from a 220V network and from a 380V network. In addition, there are various variations, which are fed from one, two, three or more phases, which provides a higher efficiency and accuracy of speed control. In addition, any two- or three-phase induction motor can operate from one phase, so that they are used in many household devices, such as washing machines, fans, pumps, etc.
How to connect an asynchronous motor to an alternating current network?
Due to the fact that the induction motorDesigned for operation in AC networks, its connection will be simple enough. Depending on the voltage in the network, the phase windings of the stator of a three-phase motor can be connected in accordance with the expanded schemes in the form of a star or a triangle. It is worth noting that this method of connection is suitable only if there is a three-phase input in your home or business.
Connecting the motor to a three-phase 380V network:
- In this case it is necessary to connect the stator windings to the "star";
- If the motor has a terminal block with 6 terminals, three of them must be connected to each other, and the remaining 3 must be used for the supply of phases;
- When connected to a 380V network by jumpersthe three ends or three beginnings of the windings are connected, the direction of rotation of the motor depends on this (the beginning of each winding is usually denoted as C1, C2, C3, and the ends of the windings are C4, C5, C6).
- This type of connection does not require a zero wire, it does not need to be connected (it can only be used as a ground for the enclosure).
Connecting the motor to a three-phase network of 220V:
- The stator windings are connected according to the "star" scheme;
- When the 6-pin header is installed, three of them must be connected in a certain sequence;
- For operation in a 220V network, they are connected by jumpers: the terminal of the start of the first winding with the terminal of the end of the third winding, the terminal of the start of the second winding with the terminal of the end of the first winding, the terminal of the beginning of the third winding with the terminal of the end of the second winding.
- The phases are applied to the terminal terminals of the three windings, and the neutral wire to the housing (as ground).
In the event that the engine is not equipped with a shoeconnection, and only three bundles of wires come out of it, it is necessary to resort to its disassembly in order to determine the beginning and end of the windings. To do this, it is necessary to carefully open the part of the housing on which the exits are located.
Determination of the beginning and end of the winding in the motor without the connection pad
- After opening the lid, disconnect all the wires welded to each other so that they can be ringed;
- Take an ohmmeter and ring all the wires together to determine the individual windings;
- After the wire, divide the wires into 2 bundles, in each of them there must be one wire from each winding;
- Take a regular battery and connect it to one of the windings (be sure both wires must belong to the same winding);
- Connect a conventional switch (not digital) voltmeter to either of the two remaining windings;
- Now disconnect one of the battery contacts and remember which way the pointer of the voltmeter will swing;
- Reconnect the battery (with the same polarity as before);
- Repeat with the last winding items 5, 6,7;
- If the second time the needle swings to the other side, then swap the wires of this winding in bundles.
- Do this by connecting the battery to each of the windings.
After the arrow of the voltmeter isdeviate to the same side on all windings, it is possible to connect wires according to the "triangle" or "star" scheme. In this case, one of the bundles of wires will start, and in the other - the ends of the windings.
It should be noted that the windings of the engines, whichThey have only three contacts at the output, they are already connected internally according to the "star" or "triangle" scheme. About what type of connection is used, it should be indicated on the nameplate (a small tablet with a description of the device located on its housing).
If you are interested in the features of connecting the electric motor in modern washing machines, then read the article: How to connect the washing machine motor.