How to bind booties: for beginners?
Watch the video
The appearance in the home of a toddler is associated with a multitude ofpleasant hassle. One of them is the selection of clothes for a little man, and many moms are pleased to do something for the infant wardrobe itself. Perhaps the most popular thing for children's needlework are booties, because newborns still have very weak thermoregulation, and you should always keep their feet warm.
Let's find out how to tie booties, for beginner needlewomen. Since in knitting there is always a choice between a hook and spokes, we give two descriptions, for both techniques.
Delicate crochet hooks
Many craftsmen deliberately choose a hook,because it is easier to equip than with spokes. But without proper practice, it's difficult to immediately connect the ideal thing, and therefore a detailed description of how to tie booties for beginners step by step is presented below.
- To start knitting, you should first choose yarn. The more natural fibers in it, the better for a baby. The optimal size of the hook for knitting such small items as booties is 2.5, which means that the thread needs to be matched accordingly.
- Beginning of knitting occurs as usual with a setchains of air loops. There are enough 9 loops for the infant's leg. First, the whole chain should be tied in a circle with columns without a crochet. At the end and at the beginning of the chain, you need to tie two sticks at a time in the loop, then the knitting will gradually expand. So tie three rows in a circle and, as a result, get an ellipse - it will be the sole of the booties.
- To change the direction of knitting from the sideup, the next row should be tied behind the back of the previous loops. After that, 2-3 rows go by ordinary posts without a crochet. The resulting "boat" should be turned into a shoe, for which the side of the booties with 4 rows, you need to evenly lower the columns, tying them together for two.
- Further for the insertion of the tape, a series is bound, inThe standard bars alternate with the air loops through one. The knitting is finished with an open edging: the column with the crochet alternates with the air loop.
Booties on two spokes
Next, consider how to bind booties with spokes forbeginners. There are many ways to knit with different numbers of spokes. But the easiest are booties on 2 spokes. For beginners, this knitting will not be too difficult.
- It is necessary to dial 37 loops (do not forget about 2 edges) and tie 20 rows with only the back loops, and then 2 - garter stitching, alternating with the back and front.
- Then we shift 12 loops on the spokes, then we sew 15 garter stitches, and 12 more again we set. So 15 loops are tied in 22 rows.
- We return to the remaining loops - in addition to themwe dial 8 more and bite, continue with 15 loops which we continue to knit, and then repeat for the final 12 loops + 8 still dialed. So knit 15 rows of variable face-purl, and then around the edges you need to close at once 20 loops. The remaining will be the sole of the booties.
- After 34 rows you need to make a heel. For this, on each side we close 2 loops, we sew two rows and close again on the loop, the last row is knitted, after which all the loops are closed.
Finally, we recommend you an excellent article - How to Knit Booties.