How to behave with a sick person?
Unfortunately, in our time of complex ecology,frequent nervous stresses, a lot of temptations around, avoiding diseases is difficult. Absolutely healthy people do not exist. In this article, we will talk with you about what to do if a problem has come to your house, and sometimes even trouble. How to behave with a sick person?
If the patient does not require special treatment,then there is no reason to be in the hospital's hospital environment. He had better be home. Tranquility and home environment can create a favorable effect on the patient's well-being. In this case, careful care and assistance for the realization of domestic and physiological needs is needed.
The main assistant of the attending physician is a person,who understands well and knows how to behave with a sick person. He must perform clearly and in time all the prescriptions of the doctor, carry out the necessary procedures and manipulations. And this attitude will help to save the patient from grief and distress.
A very important for the patient is peace of mind, becauseduring illness he becomes extremely vulnerable and sensitive. In no event should a person be notified of possible deterioration of his condition. Or tell him that something has happened to loved ones. One rash word seriously harms not only the mental, but also the general condition of the patient.
Care for a mentally unhealthy person
How to behave with a sick person:
- You need to treat him with love. He is not guilty of having trouble with him.
- It is necessary to observe a certain distance. It makes no sense to take offense at his actions and words, he does not specifically commit them. Negative behavior is a symptom of the disease.
- It is necessary to behave calmly. You can not shout at the patient. During the period of exacerbation, he will not be able to understand what you want from him. Your peace of mind will help improve the mental state of the patient.
- It is necessary to learn to distinguish symptoms. During anger and irritability, communication should be restricted. If the patient is closed, you should start a conversation with him. In case of difficulties with concentration of attention, one should speak in short sentences and with repetitions. Do not support delusional beliefs, but do not engage in open arguments.
- The patient needs to be supported and noted for even minor successes.
- For mentally ill people, a predictable and peaceful life is very important. We need to keep the routine to which he is accustomed.
If the disease is incurable
How to behave with a sick person:
- Do not stop communicating with him. Often people do not know how to behave and what to say in such cases. Do not be so embarrassed. Communicate with the patient, despite the fact that you want to sit on the sidelines.
- You need to talk as if a person is healthy. Do not syusyukat, and do not speak in a sympathetic tone.
- Talk about what interests him, about books, about movies and TV shows, about his hobby.
- If the patient talks about his illness, listen to him.
- If he wants to shut up, keep silent with him. It happens that there is nothing to say, but people need support. Take the patient by the hand, sit down and be silent.
- Learn about his desires. Maybe he wants something delicious. Maybe he needs some kind of book or thing that will make him happy and distract, fulfill his desire.