How many bones are in your hand?
Watch the video
The human skeleton is a framework on which soft and muscular tissues are attached. Before you know how many bones in your hand, you need to figure out how many bones in the human skeleton.
Ironically, the skeleton of an adultthere are 206 bones in the absence of any pathologies, while in a newborn child it consists of 350 bones. This is due to the fact that a large number of soft bones facilitates the child's exit from the womb of the mother. As you grow older, the bones grow stronger, and some of them grow together.
How many bones are in the person's hand
Taking into account the shoulder girdle, the hand consists of 32 bones. Man's hands are less powerful thanlower extremities, but more mobile and capable of performing many movements. The skeleton of the hand consists of the following parts:
- Shoulder belt (scapula, collarbone);
- brachial bone;
- forearm (elbow and radius);
- brush (wrist, pastern, phalanx of fingers).
How many bones are in the hand
The man's brush has 27 small bones that form the palm and fingers
- wrist - represents 2 rows of bones (4 bones in each), which are joined by the bones of the pastern and form a groove;
- metacarpals - 5 bones, one of which is connected to the wrist joint, which causes mobility of the thumb;
- phalanges of the fingers - short tubular bones forming the fingers. Each finger, except for a large one, consists of 3 phalanges (basic, middle and nail). In the thumb, the middle phalanx is absent.