How does pregnancy stop?
Frozen pregnancy is characterized by deathfetus in the early term - up to 28 weeks. The reasons for this dangerous phenomenon are very diverse. In the early period, most often, the causes are genetic disorders in the embryo, in the late - infectious diseases. Sometimes fading occurs without any reason, and experts can not determine, because of what it happened. In this article, let's take a detailed look at the phenomenon, such as frozen pregnancy, causes, signs, symptoms and prevention measures.
To date, the following basic causes are identified by medicine that contribute to the development of pathologies, and as a result, a stagnant pregnancy:
- Diabetes mellitus;
- use of nicotine, alcohol and drugs;
- Sexually transmitted diseases, for example: syphilis, gonorrhea, etc.
- use of medications that promote pathology;
- infectious diseases that led to complications, for example: influenza, rubella, etc.
- rejection of the mother of the embryo by the body or immune attack of the body;
- violation of the balance of hormones of progesterone and estrogen;
- harmful production and adverse environmental conditions;
- the formation in the blood vessels of the placenta of blood clots, which leads to a disturbance in the nutrition of the embryo;
- stressful situations;
- excessive lifting of weights
In medicine, also groups of women are more susceptible to fading pregnancy:
- Women with pathological abnormalities of the uterus.
- Girls who had several abortions.
- Women, whose age exceeds 35 years.
- Women who previously had an ectopic pregnancy.
The next question to which we will tryAnswer - this is how to determine a frozen pregnancy? In the early stages, the fading of the fetus is almost not felt. There are also no tests that would help determine this at home. Different women, the signs of a frozen pregnancy, can be very different, and some do not show themselves at all. Therefore, the symptoms considered below should not be treated unambiguously as a frozen pregnancy. Symptoms may also indicate other, not so dangerous, disorders that are easily treatable. Having found out below listed signs, it is necessary to address to the doctor, not engaged in a selftreatment.
- Cramping in the abdomen.
- A sharp cessation of toxicosis.
- The mammary glands stop swelling.
- Decrease in basal temperature.
- Appearance of bloody discharge.
- Increased body temperature.
Since the second trimester, frozenPregnancy is determined by stopping the fetus moving. In this section, let us elaborate on how to recognize a dead pregnancy in the early stages through diagnosis.
- Ultrasound - very accurately diagnoses fading of the fetus, by determining the absence of a heartbeat.
- HCG - this analysis shows an understated levelhormone with a dead pregnancy, in comparison with the norm. Also it is worth remembering that in some cases, a high level of hCG can persist even with fetal fading, for several weeks. Sometimes there is a paradox - the fetus freezes, and hormones remain normal.
- Reception at the gynecologist - the expert defines or determines the sizeof the uterus and the correspondence of the gestational age, and also prescribes the delivery of tests and treatment, if the fetal death took place. A doctor can also help plan a pregnancy in the future.
Treatment after fetal fading
Unfortunately, after this phenomenon is requiredintensive recovery of the woman's body. The fruit that has stopped its development, very often causes an intoxication of the body, which is why removal of it from the uterus should occur as soon as possible. Sometimes a woman at an early age may experience spontaneous abortion, and often she herself does not know that there was a fading of the fetus. After that, the monthly usually pass with a little delay. If your diagnosis is a frozen pregnancy, then the treatment can occur by one of the following methods:
- Medicamentous method - drugs are prescribed that promote spontaneous miscarriage, with a period of not more than 8 weeks.
- The method of vacuum-aspiration or mini-abortion - here purification of the uterine cavity is carried out using a vacuum pump, under anesthesia.
Sometimes the attending physician must waitposition in the event of a frozen pregnancy, postponing the appointment of a specific treatment, since the body itself can produce an independent removal of the fetus.
In any situation, you need complete control over yourthe attending physician. If spontaneous removal of the fetus does not occur, then there is a mandatory need for cleaning the uterus in one of the above ways. After treatment, it is necessary to undergo an ultrasound examination, approximately, in the second week. If the device shows the presence of residues in the uterus, then repeated scraping is required.
Considering our topic on how to find out the frozenpregnancy, it is also worth talking about the tests that need to be done after all the procedures and before planning a new pregnancy. So, what you need:
- it is necessary to donate blood to the level of hormones;
- to make a histology, namely, to examine the tissues of the uterus;
- to make ultrasound of small pelvis;
- take a smear for STDs - sexually transmitted diseases;
- sometimes it is required to conduct a survey - genetic, checking the compatibility of partners.
Planning and prevention
Having analyzed how pregnancy stops, let'slet's talk about planning after. It is worth noting that this question is decided individually in each case. It is influenced by such factors as: the current state of health, the period at which fetal fading occurred, the results of tests and much more.
Usually doctors recommend waiting a minimum period6 months, during which time, the woman's body will recover and the pathological condition will decrease. During this time it is recommended to carry out preventive measures that exclude this problem in the future. Let's look at how to avoid a frozen pregnancy:
- as a preventive measure, vaccinations against smallpox and rubella for women at risk are recommended;
- to drink vitamins, stimulating the immune system.
- to treat existing female diseases;
Lovely women, you should never despair, becauseMost of the fair sex who have gone through this, give birth to healthy and strong children. Even after a dead pregnancy, you can recover and recover, becoming a full and happy mother. Taking care of your health during the planning period and during pregnancy, as well as avoiding stressful situations, plus positive thinking, will ensure the birth of a healthy child.