How do I remove the car radio?
Watch the video
If you decide to install a new car stereo,first you need to properly and accurately dismantle the old one. It is not difficult to do this. However, one must take into account that different brands of machines require different time costs. For example, to cope with this task in Daewoo is much easier than in the Mercedes.
Let's talk about how to remove the car radio. In order to remove the car radio, it is necessary to prepare:
- insulating tape;
- a small box.
How to shoot a car stereo: general instructions
- Before you start extracting the radio, you must muffle the motor and only then go to the preparatory work and remove the car radio.
- Next, you need to make sure that youdisconnected the wires of the negative terminal on the battery. Be most attentive with the wiring. Do not pull out the connectors from the connectors, otherwise they may break. All the sockets in the back of the radio must be disconnectedas much as possible neatly.
- If only wires are available, thenPrepare a sticky tape and a pencil. With their help you can after dismantling to understand the impressive number of wires that will be on the site of the dismantled equipment. All wires must be isolated separately.
- Also prepare all the necessary keys. Each manufacturer of mounts on the tape recorder is different. Therefore, carefully inspect the car stereo for the presence of fasteners and holes, and then select the right tool for work. Pay special attention to the removal of the system in the area of dismantling. Many models of vehicles are characterized by strong fastening of a radio tape recorder. However, there are also those where metal rails are used.
The main stage:
- Remove the bolts that hold the radio. All bolts and small elements must be carefully folded into a box so that they are not lost.
- Then gently, so as not to damage the surface of the radio, poddevayem and remove four caps, located on the perimeter of the car radio.
- Under them is four bolts. We unscrew them using an ordinary wrench. Try to be extremely cautious at this stage. If you overdo and apply too much effort, then there is the possibility that the bolts simply fall inward.
- We remove the frame of the car radio. Here much will depend on the model of your vehicle. For example, in some cars you need to unscrew the bolts located at the base of the ashtray, in others the radio is fixed to the latches, and not on the four screws. In this situation, we use special keys. We put them into the grooves of the radio to the click. Initially, we do this operation with the lower grooves, and then with the upper ones. It is necessary to try to simultaneously pull out the lower keys and press on the upper latches. However, you need to be as accurate as possible, since any oversight can cause the latch to break. In such a situation, you can only remove the car receiver from a specialist.
Also, to understand how to properly shoot the car radio, you will be helped by a training video on this page.