High blood pressure, what should I do?
Arterial pressure is called force, or rather, itThe indicator with which blood, moving on an organism, presses on the walls of arteries. During the day the pressure keeps falling and rising. This is normal and correct. But if it is constantly kept at a high level, then this is already evidence of high blood pressure. Hypertension is a disease characterized by constant high blood pressure. What should I do to make the pressure normal? How is hypertension treated? This will be written in this article.
The danger of hypertension is thata constant high level of pressure gradually destroys the blood vessels, damages the heart and kidneys. This can lead to a stroke or a heart attack. High blood pressure, without causing any external manifestations, causes great harm to the body. For this he is called a "silent killer."
Blood pressure is two factorspressure: upper, otherwise systolic and lower, otherwise diastolic. These indicators can be raised both together and separately. It depends on the reasons that this rise provokes.
The upper pressure reading is measured inthe process of contractions of the ventricles of the heart, systole. Due to the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases, the systolic pressure rises with age. The normal value of the upper pressure is 100-120 mm Hg.
Constantly high upper pressure. What to do? In order to lower it, you must follow a diet, exercise and take medication.
List of drugs:
- nifedipine 10 mg;
- metoprolol 50 mg;
- captopril 25 mg.
- The amount of salt should be reduced to 0.5-1a teaspoon a day. Salt should be added to the plate with the ready meal, and not in the process of cooking. In this case it will be easier to control its quantity. The salt contains sodium. Getting into the body, it delays the removal of fluid, provoking an increase in pressure.
- The diet should be sufficientfruits and vegetables, fish and low-fat meat. It is advisable to eliminate fried potatoes, fatty meat, sausages, butter. The less fat will enter the body, the less their amount will be deposited on the walls of the arteries. It is the fatty plaques located on the walls of the vessels that cause a decrease in their elasticity. This in turn leads to hypertension.
- It is necessary to exercise. Physical activity in combination with diet contributes to weight loss. Every extra 10kg of weight increases the upper pressure by 10mm. Even if the weight is normal, exercise helps improve the tone of the cardiovascular system.
- It is absolutely necessary to exclude the use of nicotine and alcohol. It helps to reduce the ability of the vascular walls to relax, and this leads to an increase in systolic pressure.
- You need to see a doctor so that he can choose the right treatment and prescribe a set of medications that reduce blood pressure.
- You need to keep a diary. Measure the pressure 2 times a day and record the data in the diary. To fix in it the sensations after reception of preparations. Based on these records, the attending physician will be able to select individual treatment.
- There are a number of drugs belonging to the category"Ambulance". If there is a sharp increase in pressure, you can take nifedipine or captopril, or metoprolol. The pressure should decrease after 30-40 minutes, otherwise call an ambulance.
The rate of human lower pressure is 60-80 mmHg. Everyone has their own normal pressure. But when the pressure exceeds the permissible limit, measures need to be taken.
Constantly high low pressure. What to do?
- Increase the lower pressure may be excessive workingsrenin, due to some pathologies in the functioning of the kidneys. If this is the case, the doctor should prescribe drugs that block the production of renin.
- Lower the lower pressure you can and yourself. Do not eat fatty, fried and salty foods. There are more vegetables, fruits and lactic acid foods. Cottage cheese in the diet should be daily. If there is no allergy, replace sugar with honey. Well strengthens and cleans vessels of beet juice. It should be consumed 1 teaspoon before meals.
- If the lower pressure suddenly rose, and there were no drugs at hand that the doctor prescribed, the following procedures should be done. This will require help.
- It is necessary to go to bed.
- Shut your face in the pillow.
- The assistant should cover the cervical region of the spine with ice from 2 sides.
- Ice should be kept as long as possible.
- After the compress, it is necessary to massage, with the addition of any massage oil, a chilled area. The pressure should be normalized.
- If this does not happen, immediately call an ambulance.
High blood pressure can trigger a heart attack, stroke, and a crisis. It can end with a fatal outcome. Consultation of a specialist is necessary.
From this article you learned how to normalize high cardiac pressure, what to do in this case.