Do-it-yourself interior door repair: dismantling, painting and other options
Internal doors of housing, in addition to their direct destination, play an important decorative role. Time does not spare anything, and the doors are no exception: they are also prone to wear, which begins to spoil the overall picture of the interior of the room. If you are not ready to spend money on new products, you need to be clever and learn how to restore this design element yourself.
By and large, you need to make a little effort, your own desire and some free time, and the carnival and design skills will come in the process.
Where to start
Before starting any experiments above the door, it must be removed from the hinges, or dismantled. To do this, we determine the type of hinges on which it is attached to the door frame. There are only three of them:
- Card type hinges. Two plates (canopies upper and lower) and a hinge inside the structure.We support the bottom of the door plate and produce lifting. The pin smoothly releases the plates and the door is removed. Better to use a helper - it can be heavy.
- Reversible loop models. The door closes, after we push the hinge part with a thin screwdriver, and pick it up with pliers or pliers. We pull the hinge, and at the same time it makes a slow turn, after which the canvas is removed in the usual way.
- Loops of the hidden type which open by means of the special tool. If the type of connection of the halves is not complicated, then you can use the familiar screwdriver. If it is not possible to crank up such operations, there is no power or you have to remove several heavy products at once, then you can hire assistants - learn more about dismantling doors http://pro-expresspereezd.ru/services/demontazhnye-raboty/demontazh-dverej/.
Do-it-yourself interior door repair with a new coating. This is the most basic and economical way to update the old product. Special skills for painting are completely unnecessary, and the paint material will perfectly mask any abrasions and flaws. Before starting work, it is necessary to dismantle the door and prepare a film or newspaper in order not to stain everything around.
- First, get rid of the old coating. To do this, operate with a spatula.
- We take out the sandpaper of medium grain and clean the surface after the procedures with a spatula.
- We use putty as a masking material, putting it on irregularities and cracks.
- Then again we clean the entire surface with sandpaper.
If there is a glazing in the door - buy masking tape in a hardware store and tuck in the glass, then the paint will not be able to stain the coating. The problem that can be encountered when choosing this option - the appearance after painting. Of course, it makes no sense to hope that the lines and strokes will not be noticeable, but if you do everything as carefully as possible and not in a hurry, the result will please all family members.
Stencil comes to the rescue
Unfortunately, not everything is endowed with artistic painting talents, but a stencil template will help create an elegant pattern on the interior door. Stencils for any style and taste are sold in hardware stores and in specialized offices. But if the fantasy is boiling, then you can use cardboard or adhesive paper to independently invent a future work of art.
Before starting the process, it is necessary to remove the door leaf and clean it from dirt. Stencil repair of interior doors is independently made using a paint roller or spray paint. It is important to ensure that the contact of the stencil with the surface of the tree was maximum.
Textile trim your door
Few people think of using fabric to update the design of a room, but recently this way of solving a problem has become more and more popular. Pay attention to the characteristics of textiles. Any kind of fabric will not work, for example, if the fabric is too thin, it will miss the glue, which will be too noticeable, and the untreated places will eventually sag lifelessly ugly.
What should be the fabric for the door:
- it should be comfortable to work and relatively dense, such as linen, velvet, jeans, leather or cotton;
- the fabric should either be easily washed or wiped easily from dust and dirt, because nobody has canceled the cleaning;
- The main rule is to choose a pleasant shade that suits both design and will not distract attention.
Rustic chic, or the effect of antique doors
Now vintage style is very popular, and it concerns not only elements of clothes, but also an interior of premises. To create the effect of "old", it is enough to get sandpaper and decide on the choice of colors. We begin the update process with the application of the first layer of paint, after drying, we use the second color, which will be the main color, make no mistake in the sequence.
After applying the second paint the door should be completely dried. Then the emery paper is used: we erase the upper layer with active movements in order to show the lower layer.
Use photo wallpaper or regular wallpaper
Quite an interesting way that helps create multiple illusions. Of course, it is necessary to give preference not to paper versions, but to silk or velor. Brightness will help add a waiver of standards, let your imagination experiment. The only drawback of this option is the fragility. The paper base will wipe over time, but this is also a plus - the door can be updated more often, bringing newness to the room.
How to repair interior doors do it yourself with lamination
Lamination on the factory machines - a durable solution, but homemade production is unlikely to be the same "long-lived". But this is an instant way to give a second life to the interior. Phased process:
- Choose a film.
- We clean the door.
- Hide filler defects and cracks.
- We begin the process of pasting and produce it as slowly and accurately as possible.
The difficulty with the film is that it quickly sticks, and unattractive air bubbles remain under the surface.