Crafts from salt dough: instructions and master classes in DIY crafts
Greetings to you my favorite readers and blog guests !! Once in the distant past, I worked as a kindergarten teacher, the work is very interesting, but little paid ... But today we will not discuss this !! Just who worked in this system, he knows that all the materials that we use in our work with children should be environmentally friendly or certified. Therefore, homemade tools come to the aid of purchased stationery. And the easiest way to develop is salty dough.
Salty dough is familiar from ancient times and is popular in our time, because it is very easy to make it, and it is a pleasure to mold it from such soft material. And what obtained crafts! Just a sight for sore eyes !! I haven’t been working in the garden for a long time, but at home with my baby, we often do modeling, and it was my surprise that not everyone knows how to make dough and what you can get out of it.That's why I decided to write an article on this topic.
And for a change, you can also make New Year's crafts from scrap materials with your kids, see the ideas here.
Recipe for salt dough for modeling
First of all, you need to understand the process of manufacturing our safe material. In fact, there are not so many recipes, but I will introduce you to a proven method over the years.
We will need:
- Medium-sized salt - 1 tbsp .;
- Flour - 1 tbsp .;
- Water -125 ml;
- Vegetable oil - 5 tablespoons.
Take a deep bowl and mix salt and flour in it. Next, pour in a small amount of water and vegetable oil. Mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours. The dough is ready for the modeling. It can be left of this color, and after making the work, paint it in the desired color. And you can immediately add natural or synthetic dyes: choose gouache or vegetable juice (carrots, beets), you can also use cocoa.
On a note!! To make thin figures, add glue to the dough. And remember that when it dries, our mass loses its color, so add more dye.
Step-by-step instruction for the manufacture of dough forbeginners
Now that you know how to prepare the material for creativity, it's time to start the process of modeling. We begin with the simplest. I will show you how to make a beautiful thing easily and quickly. We will sculpt a cute bear with you.
We will need:
- Acrylic paints or gouache;
1. First, knead the dough: mix half a glass of flour and half a glass of salt, add some water and mix everything well. Next, wait 2 hours, at this time the dough is in the refrigerator.
2. Now we proceed to the molding of the figure: we make one medium ball for the head, more for the body and 7 smaller ovals for the legs, ears and spout. We connect everything together. Then put the product in the oven and dry for an hour. After drying, remove the craft and cool it.
3. Next, proceed to staining. Take the brush and the right paint. We are waiting for the "Bear" to dry. That's all!!
Tip !! Cover the finished souvenir varnish. This will make the crafts brighter and more practical !!
Thus, the step-by-step instruction for modeling products from salt dough is as follows:
- knead the dough;
- sculpt the necessary elements and connect them together;
- dry work in the oven;
- paint and wait for drying.
And remember that the main methods of sculpting are balls and sausages. 😉
How to blind souvenir of salt dough with their own hands
As you understood this process is very fascinating, and you like to make crafts not only for children, but also for adults. Therefore, if you try and fantasize, you can make an excellent gift or decoration element.
And for the upcoming New Year, I suggest you make a crafts in the form of a dachshund dog, it will be very symbolic.
We will need:
- Salty dough universal;
- Cardboard, simple pencil, scissors;
- Paints and brush;
- A piece of rope;
- Clear nail polish;
- Foam sponge;
1. Print a dachshund drawing on the printer or draw it yourself. Transfer to a cardboard and cut the image along the contour.
2. Roll out the dough with a thickness of 5 mm and attach a piece, cut a dachshund outline along it. Trim clean.
3. Now blind two balls and form the oblong eyes of a dog. Stick them to a little water on your head. To remove the roughness of the workpiece,Dampen all fingers with water and iron them around the contour.
4. Next, make the eyelids and glue them over the eyes. And with a toothpick, mark the ear, paws, mouth and nose.
5. In order to add volume, roll an oval out of dough, glue it onto your ear and smooth out the joint with a wet finger.
6. Also add volume to the back and tail.
7. Toothpick make dents around the perimeter of the figure.
8. Dry the billet in a warm oven. Dry product should be painted black, where dents.
9. When the black paint dries, take a yellow paint on the foam sponge and paint the whole body, while leaving the dents black.
10. On the dried dachshund, draw eyes and make any inscription.
11. On the back of the glue glue the rope.
12. Coat the product with clear varnish and let it dry.
And what other cool gifts you can make from this budget material:
- Angel girls
- Seals magnets
- Puppy with a bunch
Master class on making animal crafts for children
And since most of us do not do much creative work, those who have children try to come up with interesting activities for them so that the joint activity is very exciting.
I suggest you, together with your daughters and sons, perform such an amusing hedgehog, look for further instructions.
We will need:
- Salty dough;
1. From a piece of dough make a drop-shaped workpiece.
2. Make eyes and nose of beads.
3. Now we will do needles, for this we take nail scissors and make small cuts, lifting them slightly upwards.
4. We carry out the next row in a checkerboard pattern, and so on, until the whole back is in needles.
5. Dry the finished toy in the oven. At the request of a hedgehog we paint.
It is also very easy to make a bird and decorate it with beans, not only easy, but also useful for the development of fine motor skills of children. Watch the video plot of making this craft:
Of course, there are a lot of options, and if you sit on the Internet, you can find a whole wealth of ideas, and your leisure time with your child is guaranteed. I share souvenirs that I personally liked:
- Magic fish
- Princess Frog
- Blue elephant
Do-it-yourself Christmas gifts from salt dough (pictures inside)
And on the eve of the New Year holidays I want to surprise and pamper your loved ones.And if you decide to make a surprise yourself, then here's a couple of gifts to choose from.
We will need:
- Blue gouache;
1. Knead the salt dough from salt, water and flour. We make one ball white, and add gouache of blue color to another.
2. From the white ball, pinch off the piece for the head and flatten it to the form of a flat cake. Under this cake we have another piece of cake - the body of a snowman. Toothpick carefully shape the mouth, as well as mark the location of the eyes.
3. Make two small balls, and moisten a place for the eyes with a brush dipped in water. Squeeze the eyes, but not much.
4. Take the blue dough and make very small balls, make pancakes out of them. These will be the pupils. Make eyebrows from sausages and form a carrot-nose.
5. Then do the legs and arms. In one hand, put the broom. We make a hat, scarf and buttons.
6. Dry the snowman in the sunny window. Cover with a colorless varnish. A magnet can be stuck on the back.