Beds of metal with a polymer coating.
Anyone who has a cottage, thinks about how to use building materials in the garden. It can be slate, wood or metal profile. Now it's time to use the beds of metal with a polymer coating. They are in great demand due to the large number of positive qualities. And some negative points can be easily smoothed.
Metal beds with polymer coating: design features
It is formed of steel canvases that are fastened to the frame. The thickness of each sheet ranges from 0.5 to 0.55 mm. This is sufficient to ensure that the metal beds are durable and withstand the load of the soil.
If you look at the enlarged section of these metal sheets, you can see the following layers:
- zinc coated steel;
- a passivation layer, the purpose of which is to protect the metal from corrosion;
- primer with protective paint applied on it;
- colored polymer, significantly affecting the aesthetic design of garden beds.
In order to make the construction safe for humans, the beds for the beds are made with a bend inside. If the sheets have legs, then they are securely fastened in the soil.
Before you buy ready-made beds to give, you need to figure out how tall they should be. The most popular are the sides, the height of which is 18 or 36 cm. This is the optimum height for the beds in the garden and flower beds in the garden. But there are situations when it is necessary to significantly raise it above the ground. Then constructions with a height of 50 cm are used.
The length and width of the beds of metal with a polymer coating can also vary significantly. Finished designs can be fixed sizes. But for the needs of the garden and giving it is better to dwell on sectional models. They can be made of such length and width, which is needed in each case.
Metal beds with polymer coating: what are their advantages?
- Aesthetics and accuracy. The beds and flower beds are not sprinkled, keeping the shape throughout the season.
- The manufacturer gives a guarantee that the design will last for one year.But in practice, the fence for the beds serves more than 20 years.
- Metal structures made of polymeric materials are not subject to damage. They do not rot, fungi do not develop on them, and rodents will not spoil them.
- The sides do not need to be removed for the winter. But if you do not want to risk, then it will not be difficult.
- If you do not remove the bumpers for the winter, then you can forget about the annual duty of forming beds and marking the site.
- Metal fencing is allowed to install both in the greenhouse and in the open field, forming beds or beds.
- Creative people will love the opportunity to create designs of arbitrary sizes. It does not have to be rectangles. A triangle, a rhombus, a trapezium, a star - everything that the owner of the dacha wants.
- High beds warm up faster, so they can be planted a little earlier crops.
- It is possible to fix a drip irrigation system and greenhouse arcs to the sides with a polymer coating.
- Individual parts of the design are compact, that is, from the store they can be brought to the car.
- Assembling the fence beds made of galvanized metal is simple and easy.To do this, you do not need to have some serious skills.
Galvanized and polymer-coated metal beds: how to assemble yourself?
Often, manufacturers make joints on the principle of "thorn-groove". Such parts easily connect with each other. But their joint is unreliable. Therefore, there is a recommendation to use screws to strengthen the mount. Some gardeners do not rely on screws and use bolts. So the bed of metal with a polymer coating is the strongest.
There is a group of summer residents who are interested in the question of how to make the beds of metal with a polymer coating on their own? Then you will need to be measured with the fact that it is difficult to choose a material for the sides, which would be compared with galvanized steel. Most often it is replaced with corrugated metal.
In the manufacture of fences need to observe these points:
- dig in vertical supports projecting to the height of the sides at the corners of the beds;
- make a strapping of wooden bars on the bottom and top of these racks;
- attach harvested sheets of metal;
- coat the whole structure with a powder dye for steel.
Metal fence for the beds: what are their disadvantages?
The most significant is their cost. For the whole garden or garden such beds will be very expensive. But you can make, for example, only beds in a greenhouse or some flower beds in the garden.
Some gardeners doubt the rationality of using metal with a polymer coating on the beds because it is quickly heated. This can damage the roots touching the fence. However, this effect is significantly reduced by the fact that there is a polymer coating. In addition, from the inside the sides can be lined with thick cardboard, then the roots will not come into contact with the metal.